Author Topic: Club Announcement - Please Read!  (Read 10335 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Club Announcement - Please Read!
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »
From the CGOAMN Administration team:

As an FYI to everyone, Brian has asked Gregg, Jason and myself to step into a more active role in being stewards & caretakers of the club while he focuses on getting his new business up and running.  He simply has too many irons in the fire and needed help. 

Brian is still a member, and will remain the heart & soul of the club, but simply won't be able to respond to issues/questions/concerns in a timely manner.  Therefore, please contact Gregg, Jason or myself if there's anything you need.

Gregg, aka "Hyperacme"
Jason aka "74GlasCarlSS"
Doran aka "dorelse"

The club email id:  cgoamn@gmail.com is now being monitored by Gregg, Jason, Brian and myself.  Feel free to use that email address as you need to, just be aware it is not Brian's private e-mail address.

What you can expect going forward?

Essentially, no changes!  We have no intentions of monkeying around with a formula that works!  Please continue to share stories, share projects, share!

Thanks everyone, please post any questions concerns you may have!  See you all at Red Wing!!!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: Club Announcement - Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
I wish there was someone in Oklahoma that would be willing to do the same with my site
and they Could mess with it.
                                 8)
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »
Think of all the friendships that have been forged due to Brian creating this website. Pretty amazing when you stop to think about it.
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
Think of all the friendships that have been forged due to Brian creating this website. Pretty amazing when you stop to think about it.

Absolutely!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »

Absolutely!

I agree, I would only have one boat instead of 2, and Phoenix Rising would not look like she does today from the influence of all of you doing your rebuilds and restorations. Plus, I would not have met so many great people that I am proud to call my friend.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
Brian is the man! I might just put a bronze statue of him in the front yard.

When Brian first mentioned he wanted to start a local site and get a group going I had my doubts.... But 6 years later... I am amazed.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline MarkS

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
The Three Amigos at the helm!?  OMG, we're doomed.  Seriously guys, the club and website couldn't be in better hands.  There's no doubt in my mind the tradition and spirit will continue seamlessly.   ;)
Mark
1978 SSV-176

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 01:15:32 PM »
The Three Amigos at the helm!?  OMG, we're doomed.  Seriously guys, the club and website couldn't be in better hands.  There's no doubt in my mind the tradition and spirit will continue seamlessly.   ;)

You're joking about it NOW...honestly, Brian's still around, and I can communicate with him when necessary...he's not gone, by any means, just giving up trying to juggle 12 different things on a day to day basis.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
I thought the same thing Jason ... "  Ha, another G/C web site ... Wonder how long this will last ... "
Boy was I wrong !
Brian is truly an amazing organizer/leader to have turned a web site into what CGOAMN has become today ...
Hope we don't let him down ...

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Its in good hands fellas, good hands!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline ChfBrianB

• Brian Bergstrom
    • CGOAMN Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 12:07:36 AM »
I thought the same thing Jason ... "  Ha, another G/C web site ... Wonder how long this will last ... "
Boy was I wrong !
Brian is truly an amazing organizer/leader to have turned a web site into what CGOAMN has become today ...
Hope we don't let him down ...

Wow....  This is the first time that I've read this thread after Doran posted the first entry.  I have to tell you that I'm choked up.  I never started this group for fame or power...  I just knew that Jesse Gully was raising his kids and couldn't devote time to the original dozen members.  I knew that I was looking for a few new friends and I had just bought a '76 V-173.  Honestly, I just wanted to bring a few people together with the belief that there was such a thing as a group that could be kind, supportive, fun loving, and true to each other.  This group has been so much more than that to me.  Many of you know that I have been through a great deal of trials in the past 2-3 years.  I've had 4 boats from the "Gravy Boat" to the "Silver Fox" and now Jason's 23.  I've towed broken boats off the water, and i've been towed myself.   I've participated in a gathering of club members as strong as 2 countries, 8 states, 156 attendees, and 58 boats. In the midst of all of that, I'm just a member of this club.  The CGOAMN is what matters...  I am just a guy who had an old boat.  YOU all have made this club what it is.

For those of you who know me well, and those of you who may not...  I'm saddened that I cannot attend this years meet.  I hope that I will be able to step back into a leadership role with this group next season.  Of course, I leave that to the consensus of the group.  For now, please know that my heart will always be for the members of this group.  You are the most amazing group of insane, passionate, delusional, wonderful, friends...  Nay, family, that I have ever had.  I can honestly say that I have fought with some of you, and cried with some of you. Yet... When the dust settles, I consider you all to be my most amazing friends.

Don't ever let this club die... Stand up for what you believe the CGOAMN is! Go FAST, crash over waves on Lake Pepin... Regret it when the morning comes, but brag about the stories (that night) around the campfire. This group is so much more than any other group I have ever met, and it's YOU..... not me.

Feel free to e-mail me directly...  bbergstrom260@gmail.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:18:48 AM by Administrator »
Brian
1975 V-173 (The Gravy Boat)
1976 CV-16SS (Greener Grass)
1977 CVX-20 Deluxe (Silver Fox)
1976 V-195
1986 CV-23
1977 T-166XL Sportster (Plan B)
1977 CVX-16

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 05:57:12 AM »
This group is so much more than any other group I have ever met, and it's YOU..... not me.

Spoken like a true leader!

Brian I haven't known you nearly as long as a lot of other members, but ever since the moment we met in Red Wing a couple years ago, you have been nothing but friendly and in many ways inspirational. Whether you step back into a leadership role in the future or not? I don't think that matters to anyone in this group. Others can and will carry on. We just want to see you happy and hopefully with a boat on the water with some days here and there to join a few "insane" friends! If no boat then I know there's an open seat with your name on it in all of ours at any time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »
We'll be here when Ya get back Brian !

Offline Tonka Jim

• Donate members
  • 1977 SSV 176 1989 CV 23
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
We'll be here when Ya get back Brian !

DITTO  ;D
1977 SSV-176 / '85 115 Merc. - Mine
1989  CV 23 / 350 - 270hp - Kelly's
1968 V-174 / '73 140 I/O - Gifted to Son
1971 Seaking 14' / 1958 Evenrude 7.5 - Gifted to Grandson

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
Brian
If at all possible, maybe you could stop by even for a few hours? There will be plenty of folks you can hitch a ride with.
It wont be the same without you there but we'll carry on.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
This was a great find Jason ...
I missed it when you posted it.

PLEASE ... everyone going to Red Wing read through this ...

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/education_safety/safety/boatwater/metro_river_guide.pdf