Author Topic: Registration for the 2014 Meet is OPEN!!!  (Read 25508 times)

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
Re: Registration for the 2014 Meet is OPEN!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Getting close, Thursday is now on the weather report
And it looks good

I am starting to get really excited
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2014, 09:14:44 AM »
Just a reminder for everyone paying at the door.  Please bring Cash...I don't have a local account, so I won't be able to cash checks.  I want to be able to leave Sunday having fully paid Island Campground.

Thanks!!!

(Weather permitting, I'll be there on Wednesday.)
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline bellj

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »
Just a quick question, and I was going to send an email from eventbrite, but for some reason it's wouldn't let me do that - kept saying something was missing even though I had everything filled in - apparently not my day for computer stuff. I was going to register us as a day tripper today since when I checked it on the top it states that the registrations close at 8:00am on 8/12/14 (and I admit to only glancing at it since we've been busy getting ready for Farm Tech Days, and don't even know for certain that we'll make it yet, but figured that I'd better pay and register anyway and if it's money lost because we couldn't make it oh well), but I see that it still says that 8/12 date but further down it also says the registrations closed on 8/5/14 and won't let you check on anything. It's kind of unclear - are "day of cash only" registrations still being taken, or are ALL registrations closed? I'm not asking for special treatment - I completely understand the reason for "no exceptions", so if we missed it we missed it because it's my fault for not taking the time to look further down. Please let me know so we can plan accordingly. Thanks!
Jim, Patti, & Samantha
'69 Pipestone Princess O/B, '57 Evinrude Lark 35
'77 Glastron GT-150 O/B, '78 Merc 700, "The Puddle Jumper"
'77 Switzer GL-20 O/B, '77 Merc 1750
'86 Glastron CVX-20 O/B, '86 Merc 200, "The WHIZZard of Odds"

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
Just a quick question, and I was going to send an email from eventbrite, but for some reason it's wouldn't let me do that - kept saying something was missing even though I had everything filled in - apparently not my day for computer stuff. I was going to register us as a day tripper today since when I checked it on the top it states that the registrations close at 8:00am on 8/12/14 (and I admit to only glancing at it since we've been busy getting ready for Farm Tech Days, and don't even know for certain that we'll make it yet, but figured that I'd better pay and register anyway and if it's money lost because we couldn't make it oh well), but I see that it still says that 8/12 date but further down it also says the registrations closed on 8/5/14 and won't let you check on anything. It's kind of unclear - are "day of cash only" registrations still being taken, or are ALL registrations closed? I'm not asking for special treatment - I completely understand the reason for "no exceptions", so if we missed it we missed it because it's my fault for not taking the time to look further down. Please let me know so we can plan accordingly. Thanks!

Yes, online ticket sales closed on 8/5/12.  Its the only way Gregg and I can ensure that all CC orders are deposited by 8/12.

If you're coming for the day, just come with cash, you're all set.  See you Saturday.

(This is part of the messiness of the whole Eventbrite software...great site, kinda of not the ideal solution for our needs, and why next year will be the old method of email registration with Check/PayPal/Cash as Brian originally did it.)

More work for Gregg and I, but ultimately easier in the long run.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:47:24 PM by dorelse »
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »
This year's registration process hasn't been the smoothest...so something to improve upon for next year.

I had hopes that Eventbrite would just deposit payments as they came through, but they deposit weekly (makes sense), and hold a 25% reserve, which means Gregg and I are 'prefunding' the difference, then we'll make it up on the back side when that reserve is deposited.

Seems like there's a better way...so we'll address that this Fall.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline bellj

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Sounds great and thanks for the quick response! We're going to try our best to be there!! Thanks!
Jim, Patti, & Samantha
'69 Pipestone Princess O/B, '57 Evinrude Lark 35
'77 Glastron GT-150 O/B, '78 Merc 700, "The Puddle Jumper"
'77 Switzer GL-20 O/B, '77 Merc 1750
'86 Glastron CVX-20 O/B, '86 Merc 200, "The WHIZZard of Odds"

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
As long as you bring CASH for camping & slips we will be able to work it out.

Things will work smoother next year ...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:29:53 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2014, 07:33:53 PM »
YAHOO !

Our good friends at " Express Composites " have graciously offered to donate a $100 gift certificate to be raffled off at the Red Wing meet !

Thank you Tomas ...
http://www.expresscomposites.com/

FYI...Joe B was the winner of the Express Composites gift certificate!  Congrats Joe! 
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 08:17:45 AM »

YAHOO !

Our good friends at " Express Composites " have graciously offered to donate a $100 gift certificate to be raffled off at the Red Wing meet !

Thank you Tomas ...
http://www.expresscomposites.com/

FYI...Joe B was the winner of the Express Composites gift certificate!  Congrats Joe!
Woohoo...
Thanks express composites
This will go to good use in the rebuilding of our 1900
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !