Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Hey everyone, my name is Scott Brown.  I am just shy of 40  :o (when did that happen), I am a transplant to central MN, originally from a small town in SW MO and lived in Tulsa from 01 until December 31 of 2014 when we moved to MN (moving to MN in the winter is NOT a good idea btw).  I grew up on a small farm, hunting and fishing in the fields and ponds I could walk to.  Since moving to MN I have rekindled that love of hunting and fishing with my amazing wife encouraging me the entire time (anything to get me out of her hair lol) I have never owned or even driven a boat, but hopefully the weather holds and I can pick up my first boat in a few days, a 1979 HPV 165.  I have a 7 YO son that can't stop talking about the boat and how many fish we're going to catch now.  Thanks for everything so far.     
Classified / Wanted to Buy / Re: GCOTD
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:34:32 PM »
Glastron CV 16' with 135 Evinrude - $1300
https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/glastron-cv-16-with-135/6569407800.html

It's a 74' Glastron CVX 16 that runs great! I think it was originally plum crazy purple gel coat, but somebody painted it just plain purple, probably when it started to fade....it could use another coat. It has a new battery. The engine runs good it's a four cylinder 135 Evinrude. I just changed the plugs. The trailer works, lights work, got a title and registration for it. It has a new axle, hubs....
The Glastron CVX 16 is the 007 boat in a James Bond movie. The interior is pretty plain. I have a set of seats and it has carpet. I would include some dock bumpers, life jackets, battery, tow tower, and some other boating related stuff.
Members Profiles / Introductions / Re: Newbie from MN
« Last post by redneckgearhead on Today at 06:29:09 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  Hopefully this beautiful weather we're having continues and Ill be able to pick up my boat this friday.  I received my Seloc repair/service manual from MarineEngine.com for the motor today and glancing through it, I am impressed with the detailed instruction.  I have been researching the needed maintenance that should be done on any new used boat.  The seller had it "serviced" last fall but I think I am going to change the oil in the lower unit, replace the impeller,  clean and inspect the wheel bearings and maybe clean the carbs just for my own peace of mind.  After I make certain it is mechanically as it should be I am going to turn my attention the cosmetic side of things.  Wanting to try and bring back some of the original shine with a cut and buff and I have found two new windshields but holy sticker shock, 185$ a side.  Ill post some pics when the time to pick it up arrives.       
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:28:08 PM »
Carlson Ski Boat with Glastron Trailer - $500 (Clovis
https://clovis.craigslist.org/boa/d/carlson-ski-boat-with/6542376893.html

Carlson Ski Boat with Glastron Trailer. Needs Upholstery. The motor does not come with this sale.
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:22:39 PM »
Classic Glastron Carlson CV-27 - $9950
https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d/classic-glastron-carlson-cv-27/6569063318.html

1979 BOAT OF THE YEAR. Big brother to James Bond's boat. New Twin 350 Mercrusiers 260hp each, with less than 100 hrs. Electronic ignition. Top of the line, for the CARLSON LINE with 62 mph top speed. Great cruiser with cuddy cabin and head. This is a solid boat ready to roll. Not perfect but 8.5 out of 10. New updated props, plus comes with original Cleaver props. Original interior looks great. All new Bimini Top, Camper tops, Cockpit cover.
Triple axle trailer(elec. brakes) with new backing plates, brakes, bearings, drums, tires, battery, wench, and electric jack stand.
More info if interested. NO TEXTING!  PHONE ONLY
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:18:57 PM »
Few more ...
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:16:56 PM »
More pictures ...
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 06:15:06 PM »
1980 Glastron Carlson w/115hp Mercury...Mint...must see to believe! - $5950
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-glastron-carlson-115hp/6569501602.html

1980 Glastron Carlson w/115hp Mercury tower of power. You must see this boat in person to believe the condition...very low hours. This is a rare find Metric C500 series. You will not find another like it in this condition. Boat is turn key and fires right up. All gauges and lights work. Upholstery is brand new, not one nick of paint missing on motor, overall boat is a 9/10 and hull does not have a scratch on it. Trailer looks brand new with no rust or paint missing. Has a custom snap on cockpit cover. Must see in person. I can text a video of it running. Price is firm and don't waste my time with offers
« Last post by thedeuceman on Today at 05:45:01 PM »
$600 price drop ...

1980 glasstron speed boat - $900 (Airport rd)
https://cosprings.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-glasstron-speed-boat/6551265615.html

we have a 1980 glsstron for sale we have put some money into this boat we had new head gaskets installed motor was running on five celinders now all six are running also new battery and seats and rod holders it has a trolling motor mounted to the big engine has 30 gallon fuel tank that's been flush out and cleaned and new fuel line and filter plugs are cleaned& gap still needs some work small things and where asking $1500 firm thanks for looking tex or call ask for mike or mary
Too bad they hacked up the front 🤮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last post by Hyperacme on Today at 05:42:44 PM »
$700 Price drop ...

1980 Classic Glastron - $3000 (RENO NV)
https://reno.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-classic-glastron/6557798380.html

Wow check out my 1980 Classic Glastron boat. Boat is in very good condition with the original upholstery and shag carpeting which is in good condition. Motor is in excellent condition. It has been garage and looks real nice. Has a windshield Bimin-Top Upgraded Stereo with speakers lots of live vest, Tube. Comes with a trailer , which will probably get you home if you don't drive too fast. Nevada title in hand for both units. Need $3,700 for a quick sale .

Year: 1980
Length: 79' - 5"
Beam: 16' - 95"
Power: 1 x 140 hp
Price: $3,700
Hrs. Unknown

Description: Classic Glastron, Plenty of room for 4. Ease of trailoring
-Contour tinted Plexiglas windscreen
-Stern rails
-Speedometer
-Upgraded Stereo System
-Bilge pump