Author Topic: Back in action!  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Curtis_CVX20

Back in action!
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
Back in 2007 near the end of summer our CVX 20 suffered a bent rod and the hydraulic lifter came out causing a total loss in oil pressure. My Dad immediately slowed down and shut the boat down. Thankfully the engine suffered no other damage.
We purchased a Place Diverter for the boat and gave it to my Dad in the spring of 2008. We spent much of the summer on my days off working on the boat. We also fixed the engine mount that had broken and been badly repaired.
We tried hard to get it ready in time for the 2008 meet, but were not unable to. We attended without the boat and had a good time.
In 2009 my dad was ill and we never worked on the boat much.
This Saturday we took the boat out on the river for a shake down cruise. Man it was nice to get out in our boat again. This time shooting a nice big rooster tail! Engine ran great.  Our only concern was a drop in oil pressure near the end. We were only out for 25 minutes and I never took it over 4000rpm just to be safe.
I think the next step for our boat will be putting a closed system cooling in it. Any one here have one on their jet? I know Hydro-Thunder does. I would be interested in seeing  the  set up.
Curtis
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:47:29 PM by Curtis_CVX20 »