General Category > Archived Posts

Computer Help and Protection

(1/4) > >>

Hyperacme:
For some reason the way I access IP adresses has changed, so I can't tell if new members are spammers.
I can make a guess but would rather not because it's kind of final if account is deleted.
I'm online by 3:00 every day ... So I'll delete as soon as possable ...

PLEASE DON'T POST REPLY TO SPAMMERS POST !

Sorry guys ...

Laine73GT160:
 Thank you for looking after the website.
 It is a skill I do not have.  I spend hours a day trying to keep my personal computer running.
Remote technology support can cost up to $150 an incident.
I have finally found and use some very good (free) scanning programs. 
Hope none of my viruses are finding a way on to you website.
So again Thank You for overseeing the web site!!!

Laine

Hyperacme:
Laine

Go here and get " Windows Defender "
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

Then go to ..  http://download.cnet.com/windows/
Type in " Antivir "  and down load  .. " Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus ".
Uninstall your old anti virus and install.

Back to cnet.com type in .. " Malwarebytes "
Down load .. " Malwarebytes Anti-Malware "

Should keep your computer clean.
If you have problems or questions call or email me ...

Jerry:
I'll fix em!!

POOF!!!

Rosscoe:
Fairy Jerry?
Oh thats a wizard! :D
Yeah Malwarebytes is a good cleaning tool. It found a lot of junkk on my PC. Good anitvirus is important! There is a lot of junk out that that tags along with other junk and can slow things down or trash them. Last time I brought my PC in, it was because of something that got into my Registry and I could not get rid of it. Loaded some Chinese web page as my home Internet page. I had Norton at the time and dumped that. For one thing it is a huge resouce hog. Took a long time to load among other things. I mentioned Kaspersky to the geeks there because that is what we have at work and though they said that is good, they recommend what I have now (and bought from them, of course) ESET NOD32. They said it was rated it #1. I have been very happy with it. Runs in the background hardly ever disrupting anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version