Author Topic: Ok Guy's ...  (Read 17466 times)

Offline Hotwired

• The Ship
Re: Ok Guy's ...
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »
well... considering that Red's Gold pushed up past 75 with pump gas (loved that ride! I think we cornered at 60!) after he de-tuned it to run on the river available fuel ... I seem to remember 425 HP being mentioned as coming out of the old engine.  Expecting that and more out of the new improved/injected/stroked engine I would imagine.

OMG .. I need a cold shower!  ;D
.. it is what it is ... and that is how it should be!
Miss Mayberry - 1964 Saberflite
The Ship - 1979 CV-27
Canon Ball Eyes - 1976 CV-16ssV8
Da ProJect Bote - 1977 CV-23
It Is What It Is...... CVX20

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 01:01:03 AM »
well .. I quess here come's another cat out of the bag, Barb's Intimidator, it's getting an up-date in the drive also, Barb bought a 1988 doner boat with a freeze cracked motor, ole "Suzy Q"  may she rest in peace ... under 2 1/2 million tons of debries at the city dump, but the 1.50 ratio Alpha One drive, transom assy, tilt/trim pump, cylinders, power steering assy, and some more goodies are anxiously awaiting the transplant into the Intimidator, and Yes .. it will have a nose bullet on it like my Scimitar has.  Her old MR drive also has a nose mod on it, but it's a little different than the bullet look, it's more like a knife edge, not quite so noticable, but it obviously does it's job.

and By The Way ... her motor and drive will be up for sale next week, and for those of you who haven't seen  it, I'll add a link to her video, it's a hard hitting 260hp alright, I don't think it's ever been tore into. "Burnin Daylight" is already in the waiting room, surgery begins in just a few days.   About the speed of her boat after the transplant ... I have an idea she will be running low to mid 70's she will be running my prop, and Steve is right, I'll have to go through the prop ritual again for the Scimitar.  Barb's new motor is producing about 425hp,  it's not been on a dyno, but thats the opinion of the pro's at the machine shop, and my new motor is base lined at 420/440hp but the Big difference in the two is Torque, the 357, Barb's new motor, has about 350 pounds torque, but my new motor is predicted to have near 500, thats where my boat was lacking performance, it will probably go a little bit faster, 2 or 3 mph maybe, but it will get up to speed quicker, with a full load of bacon and beans, but, it's gonna look good whether it run's faster or not.

:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GloQo9xzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc_2Sy_Gvl0
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
guess we'll all find out when the tuning and break-in are done.

That won't take long after it makes it's first splash, like Jerry say's, ya break em in between turn two and turn 3 .

but Serously, I am looking to put the new motor on a dyno before installing it into my boat, thats what the fellow does that I bought the fuel injection stuff from ... we'll see if I still have any candy left.
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline Hotwired

• The Ship
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the transplant!!  Looking at the pictures of Barbs' boat I thought it looked like the drive had some mods to it.  Going to be a lot of people here drooling over her old engine and drive!!  :P
.. it is what it is ... and that is how it should be!
Miss Mayberry - 1964 Saberflite
The Ship - 1979 CV-27
Canon Ball Eyes - 1976 CV-16ssV8
Da ProJect Bote - 1977 CV-23
It Is What It Is...... CVX20

Offline wexrocks

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the transplant!!  Looking at the pictures of Barbs' boat I thought it looked like the drive had some mods to it.  Going to be a lot of people here drooling over her old engine and drive!!  :P

man, you got that right! if it were closer I would be trying to be first on that list... would love to have it to tweak a little for my Intimidator. Barb is gonna have one heck of a hotrod there!
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19