Author Topic: Just finished watching Live and Let die  (Read 2609 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Just finished watching Live and Let die
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
I'm down here in south Louisiana and now that I'm one of the lucky ones to own a Glastron-Carlson I wanted to find the areas where the boat chases were filmed.  I know exactly where a few spots are. Some websites have the jump location listed with wrong road. My grandmother lives 20 minutes from the shipyard where the boat blew up.  I've been on the Irish Bayou mentioned by the police in the movie.

I did notice that in the scene after the famous jump that he is in the GT with the outboard. They switch cameras and when they are back to Bond, he's in a different boat with an I/O and it's brown/gold metal flake, not the orange GT.  Now, this is before the OB dies from the bullet hole and he takes the boat from the old guy sitting in his yard. Now he's in the boat that they spliced in for about 5 or so seconds when he was supposed to be in the GT.

Got to love movie goofs.

Planning a Christmas day run in the boat while visiting my grandmother. She's just 15 minutes from a bayou that runs about 7 - 9 miles and opens up to the north shore of Lake Pontchatrain, which is across from New Orleans. Temps are supposed to be 60 - 65 mid-day.  Think I'll take mom out for her first ride in the CVX.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
Re: Just finished watching Live and Let die
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
I just watched that scene again last weekend. I can not watch it too many times. Sure would be fun to run around on the water down there................... some day!
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline V153

Re: Just finished watching Live and Let die
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
Yup it's always good for a lil pick-me-up. If you don't already have one pick up a copy of the 2 disc Ultimate Edition. Picture definition & sound are way better than the previous version. More special features too. Including boat stuff.

Yeah I 'member when we lived in Miami in the mid 70s. There was a defunct development called 'Interama' that had all these twisty winding canals you could blast through. Dad had a 21' Hewes Marlin with a pair of 135s at that time. Lotsa fun!
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP