Author Topic: HUMMMMmmm....  (Read 8625 times)

Offline wexrocks

Re: HUMMMMmmm....
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »
only concern I have is, when I follow that link and go to the forum, I am logged in as a member there, with my profile. am I the only one having this issue?

I'm guessing Jaxed will be the next to have an issue with them, as the "for sale" takes you directly to Jaxed listings...

should someone notify them as well?

seems to me they need to build their own site from scratch, instead of piggy-backing off of successful sites. maybe it's just me...
'79 CVZ-19 "convertible" w/Evinrude 175
'81 Scimitar
'89 CSS-19

Offline ChfBrianB

• Brian Bergstrom
    • CGOAMN Homepage
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
Ok...  the old link still works, however, there is no pathway that would lead a person to that page.  In other words, inless you directly enter that web address into your browser, there is no way to click your way to that site.  David (their administrator) has assured me that he will erase that HTML code as soon as he has a chance.

Currently, if you follow the existing path of links, it leads to our homepage.

The fact that we were signed in on his site is a function of the Java application that you have running on your computer.  It brought me up as already signed in on my home laptop, but not on the work computer which has a different Java application or version running.

Anyway...  The old link still works, but the path to that page is dead.
Brian
1975 V-173 (The Gravy Boat)
1976 CV-16SS (Greener Grass)
1977 CVX-20 Deluxe (Silver Fox)
1976 V-195
1986 CV-23
1977 T-166XL Sportster (Plan B)
1977 CVX-16

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
Ok, really, if his intent is to link to a forum where ever possible, he ought to be going to the national site IMO.  That has the regional forums and would get interested parties to the CGOAMN site.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
Glad it's all getting worked out and you guys are all over the computer stuff.  When I emailed him last, I got the impression he was just going to put a link to direct folks interested in Glastron's to the CGOA and CGOAMN sites, which I thought would be a good idea.  Just like putting the club web site address on boat flags or bumper stickers, it helps gain exposure to the brain trust of these great boats and should be a good thing, right?  That's all I meant by "piggy backing".  I did ask him to contact Brian before he did anything, which apparently, he did not do... and he obviously took too much liberty with what he did do... again, seemed like a nice guy, very interested in Glastron's, and interested in advancing knowledge of them.
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'87 CVX-16 Outboard, '88 Johnson 120--
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"