Author Topic: Glastrons in Austin area  (Read 2462 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Glastrons in Austin area
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
Finally got around to putting my pics from Tahoe Boats in Manor, TX. For those in that area, it's about 20 - 25 min east of Austin on Hwy 290 if you're heading towards Houston. Use the link below

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/wiliermdb/Glastrons/

There are about 50+ boats in the yard and about 12 to 15 are Glastrons.  One GT 150 that looks to be in solid condition, although the windshield and other items are missing. Quite a few tri-hull designs that would be great for full restoration. Most of the boats have all the hardware on them. Good windshields. There is one, the white one on the ground with the windshield missing, I believe it to be a SkiFlite. 

The best on on the yard is the olive green and white Futura V153. The business owner states it belongs to his friend and is for sale for an asking price of $2000. It would need a good restoration but everything is on the boat that came on it from day one. He stated it was a 1962 but I could not match that up with any of the brochures on here and the motor looks like from the late 60's.

Anyhow, enjoy the pics.

Next trip to visit my brother in Austin, I want to stop and look at the black boat with the white section and very ornate bow light. Not sure of the make. Couldn't get to the sides of see the data plate. I love that light. I'll haul my extra trailer up there and if it's good I'll offer him a couple of bills for it. I also like the green and white Glastron with the bimini top. That one was in pretty good condition.

Offline Rich_V174SS

• 1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
Re: Glastrons in Austin area
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »
The avocado & white V153 would be from 1968.

http://www.classicglastron.com/68gl-v142-153-web.html
1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
1987 Mercruiser 190 3.7LX/Alpha One

1970 V176 Swinger
1983 Mercury 115

Offline wiliermdb

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
I knew it had to be a bit newer than what I was told (1962).  My first boat had a '68 Johnson 40 HP and it looked nearly the same as that 100 HP on the Futura 153.  Thanks for the clarification.

Online Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:48:37 AM »
Grab the side G's there worth $$$ !
...LOL
We have a boat junk yard/marine recycler near us, was cool looking at all the old boats.
He had a few Glastrons and Hammonds but no Carlsons.
He did have a Switzer wing, Anthony fantasy, 2 Powercats, Magnolia and a American Marc plus lots of old Merc's and Merc parts.
Most of the Merc parts were stickin out of the ground though ....