Author Topic: Cast Aluminum Louvers  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Hotwired

• The Ship
Cast Aluminum Louvers
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
I had few more bow caps made and inquired about having the louvers reproduced.  I can have the made one by one at the foundry for an estimated $75 each. At that price would be a sand cast finish that would need a good deal of finishing.  They can be cleaned up with a belt sander and polished resulting in a much more durable louver than the original plastic louvers.  They could also be chrome plated, painted, powder coated ect.  If a large quantity of them, 15 sets or more, could be ordered the price could be reduced to around $50 each (unpolished).  I will need a set for my CV-16V8 and I may get a set for the CV-21.  I think Glastron used the same vent louver on most all the boats so this should fit all the Carlson boats aside from the CV-27.

I have 12 extra bow caps if anyone wants one, sand cast finish.  Cost was $25 each. Pay the what ever shipping plus that and you can have one.  I can polish them eventually for a few more bucks but I do not know when I will get to the polishing  These were cast from an original in near perfect shape.  They fit all the CV and CVX boats from CV/CVX-16 to the CV-23.  The GT150/160 are a different part and this will not fit without trimming the rub rail.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:03:40 PM by Hotwired »
.. it is what it is ... and that is how it should be!
Miss Mayberry - 1964 Saberflite
The Ship - 1979 CV-27
Canon Ball Eyes - 1976 CV-16ssV8
Da ProJect Bote - 1977 CV-23
It Is What It Is...... CVX20