General Category > General Discussion

And so it begins!

(1/4) > >>

Bayflite73:
Found a few extra minutes out of watching the kids and yard work today to get a good look at my seat. Here's what I've found and done so far!

My "helper" working on the last screw before removing the seat!

Seat removed! So that's what the carpet color should be!

May be hard to see, but half the screws are completely rusted and the hinges on the right of this pic have completely ripped out of the wood:

A good shot of the damage. I'm hoping I can remove the 8000 staples, repair from the inside, then re-attach. The wood isn't quite as bad as I thought but we'll see!

75starflight:
Josh, that is the same exact problems I had with my lounge seats, except that the wood for my seats was rotted. Oh if you haven't tried removing the hinge screws yet, the hammer in nuts for the hinge screws might have rusted enough to weaken the wood around them causing them to spin.

Hyperacme:
Same here ...
Driver seat wood rotted by out side hinge.
Your seat bases look good.

Might be able to piece together the vinyl on seat, add a little to edges, stratch a little from bottom.

Bayflite73:
Yeah, I'll have to see about the hinges that pulled out of the wood after I pull the vinyl. Luckily the fabric on the back of the vinyl is in really good condition (it ripped along seam lines) so I'm hoping to be able to reinforce from underneath, and give a little slack to take some of the pressure off the new stitches. Now that the seat is in the garage I should have time after the boyos are in bed. I'll post more pics as the project continues!

Jason:
The wood and vinyl both look good. it will be great if you can salvage that vinyl and pull it back together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version