Author Topic: Good Deal on Trailers, etc.  (Read 4628 times)

Offline dgmeyer

Good Deal on Trailers, etc.
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »
I wanted to pass a contact on to you folks in case you can take advantage of this.  I came across a guy who buys surplus marine supplies from Tracker Boats which are manufactured in SW Missouri.   He primarily has trailers  but has other items as well.   I bet he had 75 trailers at his location when I was there on Wednesday.  Many of them are jon boat trailers but he also has numerous single and tandem axle ones for runabouts.  I just bought a 2009 trailer that is "new" but has never been titled.   It will fit my GT160 perfectly....I don't even need to move the bunks.   I paid $565 for the trailer with a transom saver.   I do have to put new bunks on it since it sat outside and they are mushy.   But he also has many 2011 and 2012 models where this is not the case.   All of these have welded bunks so you would need to get them fitted to your boat.   If you are interested in a trailer all you have to do is send him your between the fenders measurement and your bow eye to end of bunk measurement.

He gets all of the odds and ends at the end of production years and then sells these items through his place of business (a big metal building in the Ozarks) or CraigsList.   He told me he worked for Tracker for ten years and went into this independent business of liquidating their leftover production items.    I also bought an 18 gal fuel tank for $20.  It was sitting outside so the sending unit is shot.  The labels had weathered but I think the date of manufacture was 2000 in Nashville.   I guess these don't degrade in the sunlight. The unusual shape is due to these being designed to fit under bass boat splash wells but I think it will fit under my GT160 bow.   He had five more of these and he also had a rectangular 30 gal for $20.  It was the taller style rather than the flatter one.  I also bought a 6 gallon portable tank new for $20.  I saw these on EBay for $69 with no fittings.   It had a short little hose - I think it might have been a demo tank for dealers???    He also has no-feedback single cable wheels, helms, and cables for $150.  He has throttle and shift cables.   1400# winches for $25.  He has about five bucket seats for $150.   These are seats that I have seen on EBay for $300 or more.   He said he will ship items if they can go UPS or USPS but he doesn't do freight.

If you want more info his web site is www.budsmotorsports.com.   His inventory changes regularly so you can also check St. Louis and Springfield, MO CraigsList.   Go to Boats and put "conway" in the search prompt because he always puts the name of his city in the ad.

I don't work for him or get a commission.  I just wanted to pass this on to you all because I have seen how resourceful people are to refurb their boats.  I was like a kid in a candy shop there this week.   He has all kinds of odds and ends for someone who is rigging a boat.  You can e-mail or call him to let him know what you are looking for and he will tell you.  He will also send photos of items.

Don

Offline dgmeyer

Re: Good Deal on Trailers, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
I guess I goofed up loading the pictures.  I'll try again.

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »
Me thinks there is always someone looking at replacing a trailer, like me!
Thanks for the info.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »
I've seen that ad on Des Moines CL as well.  Good to know its legit!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
I paid $ 1700 last summer for a trailer like the one in the first picture !
10 years ago same trailer cost $ 800 . . .
You got a good deal !