Author Topic: 1983 Glastron Carlson cvx 18 for sale. STAT.  (Read 7803 times)

Offline Johnbond008

1983 Glastron Carlson cvx 18 for sale. STAT.
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:27:19 PM »
 OK, about to cry, I've owned this boat for 3 years. My first was 1980 16 cvx, This is my second Glastron.
 I drove 1000 mi one way to get this ship. I have a 1980 cv 23 in mind and must let go of this lady. There can only be one.

Since buying it I have replaced the floor, The stringers were in good shape, so only a good power washing ( Cleaned drain holes and improved factory imperfection`s)and some extra fiberglass was added to suit my own Retentiveness.
 I replaced the floor with 1/2 fir ply, fiber glassed along the edges. I covered the floor in Duradek instead of carpet. to shed water and Human by proudcet. IE Tear`s, beer`s, fishing gear.
 I made new back, battery and trim pump covers and covered with duradek.2011
 New front seat's, not original. New windshield from UPD $ 700.00 . Had bottom end tested and main bearing with grease nipple, replace when bought just for insurance. Bennet marine. $ 1000.00 check up. 2011
 Installed 1980 ford van console, 1983 never came with one. you can remove this with 4 screws. New cap and roater.
 Cleaned up the wiring, Tied everything up. Two prop`s  Speed 59.8 " 4800 rpm. on a 23P, Merk 260, 350chev, alpha 1 Out-drive- This was serviced to.... SKEG  BROKEN,  = less drag and stabilty. Love it.

Here's the thing`s I did not get to work on,  This boat is older, I could not get the shine up to par with wax and elbow grease,
 Need`s a professional polish would be nice. Jel coat is 98% ( Had one booked in 2011, They canceled 3 day`s ahead, Never made it back.
 Needs a new back seat. I have the material, When I bought the front seat`s. I purchased / 3 yards of matching material. 3 different colors.
 Trailer run`s well need`s paint

Would like my money out of this. Ok let me think !  3+1+.5+1+.75+1+1+.3+.5  + all the time on it =  No less than 6K
                                                                                                                                        Open to bib`s  Thanks John. Want to come to camp this Year.

PICTURES TELLS ALL. Hope this all work's. I have a great video too, runs great sound amazing. No I will post pic on the Picture page, Look for John Bond.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:37:05 PM by Johnbond008 »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: 1983 Glastron Carlson cvx 18 for sale. STAT.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN John !
If you have problems with pictures or posting links let me know and I can help.
Nice CVX ! You shouldn't have any trouble sellin' it, pretty popular model ...
Please start a thread with info and pictures of your CV23 which has become the boat of choose for a lot of our members !

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:31:15 AM by Hyperacme »