Author Topic: Shawn, can you give me the details on the metalflake gun you use?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline CVZ18Fan

Shawn, can you give me the details on the metalflake gun you use? Are there other options you would suggest? Give some detail on what I will need to shoot the flake. Thanks.

Rich

Offline fireman24mn

Re: Shawn, can you give me the details on the metalflake gun you use?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
I used a gun called the Flake Buster. You can also mix the flake with the clear coat and spray it with a regular paint gun.  With the flake gun you put a wet coat of clear down and then you spray the dry flake on to it and then more clear over it. I may try it with just adding the flake to the clear this time because spraying the dry flake seemed to waste a lot of it. I had an orange metal flake floor after painting. I still find it when sweeping.
I think this has become an addiction.

1977 CV-23 I/O Full Resto complete
1976 CV-16 V8 Resto in progress
1985 Pearson MotorYacht 43ft

Offline CVZ18Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. So for someone that is going to spray flake for the first time, what will yield me the most consistant results??

Rich

Offline fireman24mn

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
Its hard to say. I will tell you the Flake gun is around 100.00 itself if I remember right. The only reason I used one, is because I had a friend that had it.
I think this has become an addiction.

1977 CV-23 I/O Full Resto complete
1976 CV-16 V8 Resto in progress
1985 Pearson MotorYacht 43ft