General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Hello from Texas

(1/4) > >>

Maclin:
Hi All,

I recently bought a 1980 Glastron SSV167 (16 foot V-hull outboard) with a 90HP Mariner. The boat is in very good condition, better than any Craigslist "mint" or "excellent" or "immaculate" ads I have seen! I have always wanted one of these. Whenever I think of a boat this is the silhouette that comes to mind first.

I picked it up about 320 miles from home on Saturday, Jan 11 2014, got back late and had to cover it before the neighborhood cats christened the interior for me. It has been at storage since then so I do not have many pics as yet.

The sale went well. The ad from this guy was written very intelligently and when we met it was like I bought it from myself the way we clicked. I even talked myself down some

Gelcoat is still shiny all over, top and sides and transom. The floor is absolutely solid and pristine. Transom is solid and not even any spider cracks in any corners, looks pristine. Carpet shows no wear. The vinyl is still soft and the cushions comfortable, just a few wear points if you look closer. The walk-thru windshield all lines up perfectly, just like new, whole boat is just solid as heck.

Still on the original ShoreLandr tilt trailer. Bolt on coupler still looked new, bearings recently packed, good winch and jack, and made the 320 mile trip easily, pulled great.

It is the Fish'nSki version but to me seems more Ski than Fish which is fine with me as I do not fish. Has the pedestal and seat for the open bow area, the pedestal when installed is rock solid. The fishing seat looks great too. Came with trolling mount and motor and battery mount under the left console and wiring with outlet up front all factory installed. Cooler section up front as well (or a place to put fish in I guess, but no livewell pumps) and under-seat storage. Seat cushions up front snap down. I knew Glastrons were built well and am very happy I found this one.

So I am now in MBS (Multiple Boat Syndrom) territory, working out storage solutions for both. That is the only downside so far.

Maclin:
I believe this boat may have been purchased originally in Wisconsin because I found a sticker on it from a dealer there.  I will get more info about this as soon as I can.  I know it spent the bulk of its' life in Missouri under the care of a Marina in or around Bull Shoals.  The person I bought it from bought it from a dealer in Missouri.  It has been in garage or covered storage for most of its' life and the condition bears this out.

I can't wait to get this on the water!

This site is great source of Glastron history and I am glad I found this.

Hyperacme:
Welcome to the CGOAMN forum Dan !

It's getting harder to find them as nice as your ...
Check out the  " Vendor and Repair Resources " section for spec's and info.

Jason:
Yea, Beautiful boat! You will love it. The SSV handle very well and that 90hp should move her along nicely!

Congrats on the purchase!

Maclin:
Thanks guys! 

It has a 17p SS on it now, I have not had it in the water yet.  I have the prop in getting refurbed as it was a little dinged up.  I was thinking it would have a 19p on it and was a little surprised when I cleaned it up and saw the numbers.  Can't wait to get it out on the water and see how it runs.  The last guy used it for skiing mostly and that may be why it has a 17p.  He did not even know it was an SS though, and we did not discuss what he thought the pitch was.  No biggie, I will see what RPM's I can get then go from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version