General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

2015 CGOAIA Meet Planning

<< < (7/7)

thedeuceman:
Yes the water/bathroom thing was a drag, the tent spots arnt perfectly flat, its a long drive to get there, and it is a long haul up and down the hill when beached.
there are going to be drawbacks wherever we meet, my 2 cents...
Rathbun is a great lake to run on when its not too windy, Friday was perfect, and only the second time i have had the chance to burn an entire tank of gas this year.
that alone was totally worth the trip, and connecting with you folks is great.
wherever the meet takes place we will plan to be there.

dorelse:
My current thinking is this...ideally, a lake that is relatively unused, is easy to access & launch from, and gives us the ability to put the hammer down, and beach when we want to.

For the most part, Rathbun is that lake. 

Brandon had the idea of moving up away from the beach by the entrance, flat campsites & easy boat parking along the road, and both bathrooms/shower stations are nearby if one breaks again.

It fits the bill probably better than any of the others...so I'm for going back.  I'll most likely be in a camper rental next year.  The general says she's a go if we do that...so, there ya go. 

75starflight:

--- Quote from: dorelse on June 19, 2014, 03:13:18 PM ---My current thinking is this...ideally, a lake that is relatively unused, is easy to access & launch from, and gives us the ability to put the hammer down, and beach when we want to.

For the most part, Rathbun is that lake. 

Brandon had the idea of moving up away from the beach by the entrance, flat campsites & easy boat parking along the road, and both bathrooms/shower stations are nearby if one breaks again.

It fits the bill probably better than any of the others...so I'm for going back.  I'll most likely be in a camper rental next year.  The general says she's a go if we do that...so, there ya go.

--- End quote ---
Same here!

Fawkes:
I vote we keep going to Rathbun Lake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version