Author Topic: Sold! 1973 GT 150 with 85 hp johnson  (Read 5944 times)

Offline OZZMAN

Sold! 1973 GT 150 with 85 hp johnson
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
I have a 1973 Glastron GT 150 with a year-matched 85 hp Johnson outboard motor. This is the exact year, make, model, and original paint as the boat used in the famous james bond boat chase and guinness world record setting boat jump in the movie Live and Let Die. Serial number/ manufacturer's plaque is still present. I just purchased it two weeks ago and did a small tune up, re-gapped the good looking plugs, installed a new water pump impeller, rewired the trailer lights, wired a switch into the dash for the bilge pump, cleaned up the wiring and put a brand new battery in a battery box to protect the terminals from moisture, removed the fuel tank and removed old gas and flushed the tank, cleaned the fuel screener on the motor, greased and lubed moving parts on the motor, and replaced two cracked fuel lines. The trailer lights work great, all new wiring and lights, tires are ok, I trailered it over 12 hours the last couple weeks. The bilge pump works great with a new waterproof in dash switch. Last week I installed a new power tilt motor and bled the cylinders, the tilt works awesome now. The motor runs like a top, starts quickly for a 2 stroke and accelerates quickly. Pretty snappy on this little boat. Steering works great and the windshield is intact. Restarting the motor after running is like starting back up a 4 stroke, great for its age. The reason for selling is I left the boat on the beach overnight and it took in some water, at which point I found a very small crack in the fiberglass on the transom. I dont know if this will require a transom replacement or if it could be patched and reinforced. I rode it all over the lake this weekend, but overnight the leak took on water just in the back of the boat. It was only a couple inches in the back end of the boat. I would do the work myself since I really enjoy the boat but I do not have a sufficient garage or shop space to do a project this physically large. Sad to see it go already, but if I try a project like this in my space it'll be one of those half disassembled 'projects' you see on here. Roller trailer with forever mn license in good shape, humminbird depth finder, moeller 18 gallon fuel tank. The cowl on the motor is a 115 from the same time period. Just changed the lower unit oil with type C last week. I have a hose and muffs I can run it for you on. If you cover gas and some for my time I can deliver it.I'm located in Fargo, just had it on Leech lake this past week and it leaked about a half quart in 45 minutes with just me in the boat, more with 2 of us in it. Ran great though. There is a 17 pitch aluminum prop on it now but for $150 I'll give you a nearly new 19 pitch turning point stainless prop. The stickers are just barely off of it. I'd like to keep it but decided to sell with full disclosure, send me an offer as I have no idea what it's worth. Wont upload with pics for some god forsaken reason.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:49:30 PM by OZZMAN »

Offline OZZMAN

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: 1973 GT 150 with 85 hp johnson
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
Pictures do have to be sized down in order to be successfully posted!  Looks like you were able to get one to go...good luck with the sale.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum OZZMAN !
I linked the picture and resized it.

Offline OZZMAN

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:54 PM »
Hey thanks for the help guys. I am brand new here, so new to posting. Sad it had to be a listing, but I intend to stay around. In all honesty my goal is to get into a cv 23 eventually.  8) I don't have the money currently, but I am in love with the styling and it would fit all my needs. The GT 150 is small for what I want, and I am not in love with it. Additionally I don't have childhood memories of it like some on the forum do. If I'm going to tear into the floor, transom, and likely stringers of a boat, I want it to be exactly the boat I want to keep for a while. I've had fun with it and learned a lot about working on outboards in the process. I actually used my experience changing the water pump impeller on this boat to change the one on my uncle's 9.9 kicker at the ramp at Leech this past week.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
The CV23 is a very popular boat among our members !
Lost count of how many there are now ... Heck ... Shawn has two of them !

Offline OZZMAN

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
WOW has the pot ever been sweetened! I will throw in this period appropriate cooler, new in box with the boat! Haha but really more pictures here..

https://m.imgur.com/s2pzy4e,dUiROAK,jOApe1U,JdJtiXW,sHXlbFG,0odOprD,1ZL61Bb,yWFmu2M,ot6l4TE,drw7EC8,iet6UfH,DPHdmUz,3V7BtYk,FzVtEOr,yPC7fub

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
Have you posted your GT to Craigslist in large city's around you ?
Might also post on Facebook.

https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Offline OZZMAN

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:28:33 PM »
I did post to Fargo, maybe I should add a minneapolis one as well.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 11:41:47 PM »
Milwaukee , Green Bay , Chicago , Minneapolis , Duluth / Superior , etc. etc.

Offline OZZMAN

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
If anyone is just scared to offer something don't be. I was thinking 1000 or so might be a fair price for a good running outboard and a working trailer. They just come with a hull that could use some love. I've been using it as is anyway and it's been great.