General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

Utah Glastron owner

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hyperacme:
Decoding ... "Hull identification numbers" ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=5964.0

melinprov:
Thanks for the info, my number is messed up I have 3 digits ID ing my model and then followed by seven numbers, this is on my registration paperwork and it matches my State ID on the boat but I have yet to find a number on the boat transom or otherwise, I have found serial numbers on the engine and stern drive and trailer

melinprov:
so I was removing the wind screen when I found the tag and then another serial number that matches what I have on my registration imbedded in the fiberglass under the console on the drivers side-so its good- but what would be the date on this one? or is it not indicated here.Im thinking that one of the other serial numbers from other components may tell me once I find a look up.

Jason:
That number does not have the date code on it. That would only be on transom.

Hyperacme:
Could be a early 1973 ... Maybe ...

From CGOA ...
http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-identifying2.html

"Boats that were manufactured from 1970 - 1973 carried a seven digit number. The fourth
       number from left indicates the year of manufacture. "

In 1973, Glastron starting using letters (GLA...) in the Hull Numbers.
Prior to that, the  early 70's were just seven numbers, with the fourth number from the left being the year
 (4322414 would be 1972). Starting in 1973 we were required to use prefixes.
       Using the prefix you can determine the location the boat was built. Then
       the seven digit  id number will follow. A single letter and 2 or 3 more numbers which will tell
       you the year of manufacture. These procedures are in accordance with coast guard federal
       regulations"

Note that from 1973 forward hull ID numbers were stamped into the rear of the boat. This was federally
required for all '73 and later boats. This is good because the number will always be there and easily read in most cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version