General Category > Minnesota Western Wisconsin Events / Meets

Winter Workshops

(1/8) > >>

Hyperacme:
Got an email fro Dane about up coming events ...

Hi Gregg,

I hope that you're doing well. There was a question about Shipwreck Boat Repair on the CGOAMN forum this week and this was perfect timing for some upcoming events put on by the Bob Speltz Land O Lakes Chapter of the ACBS.

Dave Bortner is the President of the local Chapter BSLOL-ACBS and he would like to extend an invitation to CGOAMN members to attend one or both of the upcoming Winter Workshops. Both of these events should be of interest to CGOAMN members. Saturday March 10th is at Shipwreck Boat Repair at the Dresser Wisconsin location. There are currently a couple Glastrons in their shop. Here is the event announcement from the BSLOL ACBS website. This is a good opportunity to see how Shipwreck approaches boat repair and there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions.

BSLOL Winter Workshop

When   Sat Mar 10, 2018 10am – 3pm Central Time
Where   Shipwreck Boat Repair, 695 Kelly Avenue, Dresser, WI 54009 (map)

Anyone who would like to attend should RSVP to one of the listed email addresses. There is a $10 charge to help cover the cost of coffee and donuts, and the lunch that will be provided.

Laying down Gel Coat to get that “perfect color match” for your fiberglass boat, and unlocking the secrets behind applying that classic “metal flake” finish to your boat.
Doors open at 9am for coffee and doughnuts - seminar starts at 10am.

Contact Dean Wilson at
dwilson@mcad.edu or Kirk Lillie at
kddlillie@gmail.com

When   Sat Apr 28, 2018 10am – 3pm Central Time
Where   Express Composites Inc, 451 Taft St NE # 15, Minneapolis, MN 55413, USA (map)

Then on April 28th the next Winter Workshop will be at Express Composites in NE Minneapolis. Same deal -$10 to cover morning coffee and lunch. Here is the announcement for the April event.

Doors open up at 9am for coffee and doughnuts - seminar starts at 10am.
Express Composites will host this seminar on what their company can offer with regard to composites, reinforcements, core materials, abrasives and oh, so much more.  Whether you are a vintage wooden boat restorer, fiberglass restorer or starting a new build
 from scratch using a contemporary plan, there is something here for you.  This will be a fun filled session.  Bring your questions and an open mind.

Here is a link to the BSLOL Website
http://acbs-bslol.com/

dorelse:
Wow...that's cool!

Hyperacme:
Me to Dane ...

Thanks for the heads up on event Dane !
Will post on forum.

Dane's reply ...

Thanks Gregg,
The ACBS is actively looking to engage people from all areas of the classic boat hobby. It would be great to see some Glastron guys at one of these events.
Scott McInnes does a good job with these seminars and doesn't hold back with information. Anyone looking to do some of this work on their own can learn a lot from Scott. It also makes you appreciate how good they are at what they do.
I had my CVX-17 worked on last Winter at Scott's Princeton location. New floor, transom and stringer. They had the work done in one week.

Dane

carlsoncvx18:
Anybody else interested in going I would like to attend. 

dorelse:

--- Quote from: carlsoncvx18 on March 02, 2018, 10:15:01 PM ---Anybody else interested in going I would like to attend.

--- End quote ---

Thinking about it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version