General Category > General Discussion

CV-23 Prop Help...

<< < (2/2)

Hot Carl:
Thanks for the response guys...I agree it's best to beg/borrow before you buy, I'm just trying to get some ideas. I've looked through the national site and done some google-magic, but I haven't been able to track down too much info on my specific boat.

Red - seeing that we have similar hulls, based off your findings, what 19 would you recommend as a good overall performer, giving the edge to speed over pulling?

Jeff - Thanks for the offer - I remember talking to you about your 23p on tonka and yeah, I think we both agreed it'd be too much. If you have any other ideas or some props just materialize in your garage please let me know  ;D

By the way, the weather here in MN blows. 

OleRed:

( Red - seeing that we have similar hulls, based off your findings, what 19 would you recommend as a good overall performer, giving the edge to speed over pulling? )

I just talked to the prop shop... to my surprise, the PowerTech props only start at 23 pitch, but he dooes have an earlier version of the prop built with a solid hub, polished 14 3/4 X 19 that came off a 250hp Yamaha that is on a 21ft center console bass boat, weighing about 2600 pounds,running 55 / 58 mph, he will machine a thrust washer to fit the Mercruiser and sell it for $200. The prop has a good stern lift, as well some bow lift built into it.  He said he thinks the PowerTech props are built off the design of the Yamaha bass boat props.

My thoughts with the PowerTech props are this ... they have enough blade on them that the lab can, obviously, make them do what you want to do with them,  my prop made a couple trips to the lab to get the peak performance out of it, it's been twisted, ground on, cupped, rolled and balanced, and it will cut you if you don't handle it properly, done did that.

Hot Carl:
Interesting stuff Red - thanks a lot for the insight and for talking to your shop. That prop's very close to what I'm looking for, and it's not even that pricey :)  I'm going to look around a bit more before I pull the trigger, but I'm definitely keeping that prop in mind. Thanks again!

Alex

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version