Author Topic: 1964 glastron vintage boat project 90 hp Johnson seahorse outboard for sale  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Hellyer77

For sale is a 1964 glastron. It's condition is reflected in the pictures. The interior will need replacement. There is a hole in the deck which to me reflects the overall condition of the deck. The hull is in good shape for its age, there is some cracking on top and some issues on the driver side that may/will require attention. The motor is a 90 horsepower super seahorse in unknown condition but we understand it is semi rare. Overall the boat needs a restoration but it is a good candidate for one.

Trailer is in good condition I recommend New tires before traveling any large distance. Paperwork wise. I have the title, I have it's last registration, I have the trailer tag, I have the keys I even have the original owners manual with owners notes. However the title was signed by a previous purchaser who is not myself. I have his phone number and last known address, but it may be accurate or it may not. That being said. I'll provide a bill of sale for the boat and all the documents I posses. I can't say how easy or difficult it will be to get the paperwork in order, I suppose that will depend on your states laws.

please click on the craigslist link for pics 

1964 glastron vintage boat project 90 hp Johnson seahorse outboard - $1500 (Crystal Lake)
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/boa/d/crystal-lake-1964-glastron-vintage-boat/6898294926.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:40:30 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hellyer77

I'm not a glastron expert by any means asking 1500 obo if this is high or low i'd appreciate some input thank you

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
First thing, it may be worth $500 or maybe $3000 to the eight buyer, there are some who adore the vintage craft.  Overall it looks like a fair restoration project.  The bad part that will send all but a few walking is all the hair on the paperwork.  So you have a title signed by the named owner on the title(TN), and then signed by the buyer, which is not you?  That is a uphill battle at any state DMV.     Most folks simply won't deal with that hassle, so in the end, it may sell low($300) as a parts boat, not a resto.    Want more money, you may need to get title in your name, then sell for more.  It's like the old saying, how much is your time worth?
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Welcome to the forum Hellyer !
Very cool boat, and kind of rare.
Try posting on some of the Facebook Glastron groups.

I add pictures to your post.

Offline Hellyer77

Thanks for adding the pics for me hyper I appreciate it, and I completely understand how the chain of ownership could be a pickle depending on state law, that’s why I tried to be completely up front with everything as best as possible.  Here in Illinois as I understand it boats under 20 ft don’t need a title to get a sticker but I’m not 💯 on that.  It may be better to just say lost title I’m honestly not sure,

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Maybe call who ever handles reg. or title in your state and ask them some questions.
Might be easy to fix.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Well, I think that boat is super cool.  Has the look of an Aristocraft with the sliding roof and a place to get out of the weather.

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline merc500

i think you have enough paperwork to get title go give it a try

Offline Hellyer77

Im gonna lower the price to 750 if anyone out there knows anyone whos interested.  Its just hitting here doing no one any good

Offline Hellyer77

bump lowered to 600

Offline Hellyer77

Re: 1964 glastron vintage boat project 90 hp Johnson seahorse outboard for sale
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 04:41:37 PM »
dropped to 500 obo

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: 1964 glastron vintage boat project 90 hp Johnson seahorse outboard for sale
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
Bad time of year to sell boats ..