Author Topic: Poor lil' Glastron  (Read 1526 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Poor lil' Glastron
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
Man, I'm tired of driving. Memorial Day weekend I towed the boat to Austin. That was 1000 miles round trip. Worked two days and then drove to Atlanta. There's another 1300 miles. I plan to drive 10 miles to the boat launch on Saturday.

On the way back from Atlanta we detoured to Biloxi, MS for some seafood and to let the kids play on the beach. There's a marine supply shop that sells boats, used motors, new and used parts, etc. I been wanting to check it out but I just missed them closing for the day.

As I was leaving I noticed this poor Glastron sitting on the side of the building. No rub rail, interior all tossed around and I couldn't make out the year as the red paint job filled in some of the hull ID number. It's a 70 something. Outboard hull with the transom inset from the tail end of the hull. Windshield was in very good condition. The plexi instrument panel cover was there, in the bottom of the boat and the two aluminum windshield brackets were held on with only one screw. Was tempted to snatch those but the boys were watching and didn't want to set a bad example. Just need to go back alone. ;D

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Re: Poor lil' Glastron
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »
that's a CVX-20
1990 Sierra 1700