Author Topic: would a 87 OMC 3.0, be a replacement for a 93 Mercruiser 3.0  (Read 2018 times)

Offline buckz6319

I have been looking for a used 93 Mercruiser 3.0 engine, they are hard to find around here used, so I was looking at a 87 OMC 3.0 engine still in a boat for sale

just a general question: would a 87 OMC 3.0 be a replacement for a 93 Mercruiser 3.0?

I would like to know for future possible engine considerations

thanks!
Please feel free to check out my new Forum

http://hookedonboatingforum.proboards.com/

Offline 75starflight

Re: would a 87 OMC 3.0, be a replacement for a 93 Mercruiser 3.0
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
I have been looking for a used 93 Mercruiser 3.0 engine, they are hard to find around here used, so I was looking at a 87 OMC 3.0 engine still in a boat for sale

just a general question: would a 87 OMC 3.0 be a replacement for a 93 Mercruiser 3.0?

thanks!

I believe it will swap the internals are identical block and head also. You would just have to change out the externals. Manifold, carb flywheel and housing. Possibly thermostat housing and water pump but not positive on that.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline buckz6319

Re: would a 87 OMC 3.0, be a replacement for a 93 Mercruiser 3.0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »

thanks!

I believe it will swap the internals are identical block and head also. You would just have to change out the externals. Manifold, carb flywheel and housing. Possibly thermostat housing and water pump but not positive on that.
thanks!
that is what I have read while doing some research. I will investigate it further
Please feel free to check out my new Forum

http://hookedonboatingforum.proboards.com/