Author Topic: CGOA Trading Post ??  (Read 8504 times)

Offline WetRaider

CGOA Trading Post ??
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
Just wondering how successful our group might find a "Trading Post" within our forums?

I am thinking that each of us has our own skills in profession or hobby that may be valuable to others ... others with boats, trailers, motors, parts ...

See where I'm headed?

For example: I am an Interior Architect by trade, and a part-time graphic artist ... I get to bill for my work to local clients, but perhaps I'd be willing to do the same or similar work for someone on here who needs one of the services I provide in exchange for something Glastron related? 

Maybe a new title category right next to classifieds/want to buy
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline 75starflight

Re: CGOA Trading Post ??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
That might be worth while to look into.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
Worst case scenario, we learn what "hidden" skills other members may have.  We might not have anything to exchange at the time, but in the future we might have someone to call on for a specific need.

Best case scenario, some will get to continue doing work within their skill set that they are happy to provide in exchange for desired toys ... keeps the toys within the group.

Dan O'Connor

Offline Retro Performance

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
I like this idea, anyone want to finish my 34 Chev pick up for the Challenger?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:41:04 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:33 PM »
Retro ..
Could you post a larger pic of your boat/motor ?
Looks sweet !

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:50:19 PM »
I am not good with computer.....it is the Challenger I had at the MPLs boat show 2011....I think there are some pics in that thread.....or can you tell me how to make the pictures bigger? I will ask Mrs Retro if she know also.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »
I would like to see the Merc ...
You could email me the picture and I'll post it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:41:34 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:17 PM »
I can fix computers and buff and shine gel/flake...
Would like to trade for new transom ...

Offline V153

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
I can polish turds ... 

But seriously the good ole barter system works just fine for me most of the time. Our system of capitalism is loosely based on bartering btw. Well it was until accountants were invented. (No offense DP!)   
'81 C500_given away, bought back_75.1 mph
'81 Baja 15SS_140 Frankenrude_66.7 mph
'70 something SpeedCraft_(Allison 16R Clone)_69.0 mph
'79 CVZ19_given away
'71 V153_54.8 mph_wrecked

WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Offline TomLund

• BOATLESS
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:55:35 PM »
Learning more about boats as i go but i can make the interior of your home look really sweet. Not sure if thats a skill set but i play with it monday through friday. lol

Tom
Painting With Color Inc
   Living Life in Color

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
Hyper, I do not know how to get the picture into my E-mail.....I am on an I-Mac and the picture is on the screen on the left. I think it is a download? Any idea how to send it to E-mail? It does say getattachment by the picture. The Challenger now has a 135 Johnson on it.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
This is a great idea. maybe a simple thread like this one would work that has not been highjacked but flashy looking Carlson's with really big mercs. ;)

If there is one thing I've learned about this group is that if there ANYTHING you need just ask. If someone on this board can not help you chances are that they know someone that can.

Maybe start a new thread under the Classified or Member section.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline Jerry

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »
I like this idea, anyone want to finish my 34 Chev pick up for the Challenger?
Right after I get my 48 Plymouth and 68 Impala done.

'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »
Retro ...

If you see the "thumbnail" (smaller version) of your picture on your iMac ... hold the control button down and click on the thumbnail image once ... a list should pop out right next to your image and towards the bottom you should have an option "New Email With Attachment."   That would be one way.

Apple products are super intuitive ... so you can also click the Apple Mail icon (the stamp with the bird), start a new message with Gregg's e-mail, and then "drag & drop" the thumbnail image right into the message area of the e-mail ... it will automatically attach for you at the largest size that image is available on your computer.

Hope that helps.

- Dan

Dan O'Connor

Offline Bayflite73

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »
Excellent idea. I don't know how much boating help I can be... yet, but I'm always willing to learn! Skills to trade? I work in IT, know basic website development and the behind the scenes programming, good with building/fixing/cleaning (virus and otherwise) computers. Need suggestions on what to buy? I read a lot of reviews of computer, tablets, etc.

That's about it aside from acting, but probably not much use for that here!

Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177
previously owned: '73 V-174 Bayflite

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07:06 AM »
Jerry,  Nice Rides........Hyper I will try to send you Merc stuff at home........74 if I "hijacked" this thread and ruined it I am sorry......I thought it might be a way to finish a stalled project.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »
Let's see some pictures of the 34. How far along are you? Small Block?
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »
Retro - I wouldn't worry about the hijacking.  I welcome it.  

This thread was just started to throw out an idea.  It appears to have a positive response.  I'll develop it a bit further & say this:  We've got a members section, a "Me & my boat" topic, "What's your story," etc.  These topics highlight things we've done for ourselves (often with help from others!).  Maybe we start either a new section, where we introduce ourselves in terms of abilities, talents, even things we're currently interested in & learning about.  It would help us get to know other members other than "He's the guy with that really cool gold flake on the CV ..."  Then, when we need help in an area of someone's expertise (outside of Glastron), we can focus on the select members who have volunteered the information that makes them a likely candidate for help.  Likewise, if we know someone (also outside of Glastron) who is looking for someone with particular expertise, we can provide a reference.  Not only would we be able to barter (and Doug, bartering also keeps the federal government out of my pockets - to my knowledge they haven't figured out how to tax a trade, yet), but we'd each have an opportunity to grow within our own professions or hobbies.

Dan O'Connor

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
Jerry, there of course is a long story but....frame is fully boxed, ford 9 inch in on a four bar, mustang II front air ride tech kits. compressor and tanks mounted, frame master cylinder mounted, new tire and wheels on it,....air lines done, dash done, steering done (I didit column) .....fresh built 400 small block with turbo 400...motor hooked up and test run, needs lots of details, plumbing, rear disc conversion, radiator put in, fuel tank, etc. I have never built a show car I just do it for fun.....really need to make a push and get this thing moving down the road....in black primer. I will get some pictures up soon, or should I send them to you directly?

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
I forgot a biggie............I put new wood in the cab and got the doors supported and hung/fit decent....new cab floor and firewall fabricated and installed.....