Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 6531 times)

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
New to the site
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
This is a Nice Site,  I'll be hanging around here, hoping me and the Fox can make it up there in August for your meet,  Doug from the CGOA site sent me here.

Re: Hey Guy's
by OleRed ? Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 am

V153 wrote:
Yo Red you need to hook up with Brian Bergstrom over @ CGOAMN and deliver a DVD of their last years meet to Art along with the pics & calendars. Too cool! Musta been a hundred Glastron/Carlsons there ...!

So, what's the latest specs on the Scimitar ...?

Take care.

WOW ! I got on that site and saw the video's .. that was a Great Time, I wish I had known about it coming up in August, me and the Fox was planning on going to Beloit in August for that show, but I'd rather come to Minnasota, I told the Fox and she is going to see if she can change her vacation dates from the 11th to the 17th to the 18th to the 24th and if she can we will make the Minnasota meet.

No new spec's on my Scimitar, still running the high 60's / low 70's, 71.2 is best so far on the gps, but I plan on pulling the motor next week, break it down, look it over, see how it's doing, I've put 91 hrs on it since I installed it May 18th 09. I planned on doing it during the winter but I just didn't get around to it. I'm may change the cam, and set it up to rum pump gas - 91 octane - I have been mixing the gas to achieve 104 octane, running a total timing advance of 40 degrees, that has just got too expensive, and I need to touch up the scrapes and dings on the hull as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OleReds#p/u/38/xw9Z0xiGl2Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/OleReds#p/u/37/ElnWHKhsqLM

http://www.youtube.com/user/OleReds#p/u/41/WvPzjVIoC_E

http://www.youtube.com/user/OleReds#p/u/54/l9qcwS8uiOc
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline ferris68

Re: New to the site
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
You have the boat i most want in life..that design is truly a classic

Offline Jerry

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »
You were almost here two years ago Red. We would love to have you join us. Ya might find a boat or two that can keep up with ya. It would be great to see you guys again.
'72 Glastron GT160 Sport - Okie-Dokie
'63 Winner - Grandpa's Fisn-Bote
'63 Glasspar SeaFair Sunliner - Mischief Maker

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
You were almost here two years ago Red. We would love to have you join us. Ya might find a boat or two that can keep up with ya. It would be great to see you guys again.

LOL ... I may Never live that down Jerry, but I still got the map you guys bought for me, and it would be good to see you guy's again also
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline ChfBrianB

• Brian Bergstrom
    • CGOAMN Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »
This is a Nice Site,  I'll be hanging around here, hoping me and the Fox can make it up there in August for your meet,  Doug from the CGOA site sent me here.

the Fox and she is going to see if she can change her vacation dates from the 11th to the 17th to the 18th to the 24th and if she can we will make the Minnasota meet.

Red,  We would LOVE to have you and the Fox with us!  You are welcome anytime!  We have an open invitation to everyone in the CGOA as well, but we would love to get more of you southerners up here!  So far we have members from AZ and California, so Come on up!
Brian
1975 V-173 (The Gravy Boat)
1976 CV-16SS (Greener Grass)
1977 CVX-20 Deluxe (Silver Fox)
1976 V-195
1986 CV-23
1977 T-166XL Sportster (Plan B)
1977 CVX-16

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »
Red, great looking classic!  Interesting the way the engine cover opens at an angle like that, are all the Scimitar's that way?  Thanks!  Mark
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:52:35 PM »

the Fox and she is going to see if she can change her vacation dates from the 11th to the 17th to the 18th to the 24th and if she can we will make the Minnasota meet.

Red,  We would LOVE to have you and the Fox with us!  You are welcome anytime!  We have an open invitation to everyone in the CGOA as well, but we would love to get more of you southerners up here!  So far we have members from AZ and California, so Come on up!

Thanks Brian, we will find out tomorrow, probably, if she can get her schedule changed,  I'd Really like to come up there and run around with you guy's.  I  returned an IM to ya, if it didn't get to you let me know .. thanks
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
Red, great looking classic!  Interesting the way the engine cover opens at an angle like that, are all the Scimitar's that way?  Thanks!  Mark

Thanks ... and no,  all the Scimitars came with a double engine cover, lounge, that split in the middle and opened to the sides of the boat.  I made a one piece that I can remove easily, it just drops in and lifts out.  I have made several modifications to this one, things that suit me, I have not made much effort to keep it original.

http://www.olered.com/RedsScimitar.html
1980 23ft Scimitar

Offline AndyBean

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Hey Red:
This is a great place to hang out  :) Great group of guys. (and gals)
Hope to see you there in August!
Andy
1972 GT-160 (yellow)
1980 Intimidator
1986 CVX-18
1977 CVX-16 Deluxe
1969 GT-160 (red)
1977 CVX-20 Jet
1967 Carlson Challenger
2007 Malibu 247
Orange County California USA
www.andysclassicglastrons.com