General Category > General Discussion

Hey Doug, question about boat covers

(1/5) > >>

Rosscoe:
Doug

Something right down your alley.

What material is the best for a boat cover? I have a canvas one for the 163. May be the original. Has patches and stuff but I only put it on in the winter even though is stays inside. The canvas one I had for my first boat developed mildow/mold spots over time and eventually turned into holes.

One of the two may get stored outside this winter and if its the 175, I'll need a cover. Course there are always cheap tarps.
Maybe there is a combo/blend of material that is durable? I am not looking for one that can be trailered. I know thats another factor.

Thanks

V153:
Personally Ross I wouldn't use anything but Sunbrella. I don't believe there's a better product on the market.

If you don't wanna spring for a custom fit. Overtons, Cabelas, Bass Pros etc have some decent semi-custom fit covers for considerably less than a custom tailored one. And I believe they can be had in Sunbrella as well.

There's a seperate 800 number at Overtons just for covers. Or just go to their website  http://www.overtons.com

Rosscoe:
Great
Thanks for the info. I have purchased a lot from Overtons over the years. It is just soooo handy to buy stuff on line when you dont live in a city. Shafer Minnesota Population about 334. Been that way for years. Here I thought they'd change the sign when I moved here! 11 years later and it still says 334.

Opps I have side lined like I often do. :o

V153:
Shafer looks like a nice place Ross. Luv yer demographics ...  Seem to be some decent sized lakes just to your west. Can/do you run on 'em?

Btw I just read a 2007 census that posted your population at 361. Appears that somebody's been busy ...  You? Heh heh.

Take care. 

Rosscoe:
361? Wow. Must be all from the trailer park! I'm not in Shafer proper but 2 miles east. There isnt much there. Couple of bars, combo post office/laundramat, gas stations.
Yes the lakes to my west is where I generally had been going. I never went in the rivers untill I got involved here. Those lakes are so low right now, I have no desire to even put in. Hit stuff the last 2 times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version