General Category > General Discussion

New gauges installed!

(1/3) > >>

MarkS:
I got the new speedometer in from Joe at Ferguson-Poole Marine in yesterday to match my new tach, I think it looks good.  (I know the "purists" won't approve, but I'm doing it the way I want it.)   ;)
If anyone is looking for an Airguide set, the tach was reading high but the speedo worked perfectly,  send me a message.  We'll make a very reasonable deal!

David CVX-16:
Looks nice Mark. I see that you also have a water pressure qauge. That is quite a feat to install given the plumbing to the outboard's water jacket. Is 45 MPH high enough for your 115 HP Johnson? Nothing like instruments that are accurate and read plainly. I know how difficult it is to install instruments and appreciate the finished product. Joe Poole is great at tracking down old Glastron and Quicksilver parts. He found a Quicksilver square faced speedometer that was original to my 1971 boat.

The tachometer you mentioned might be taken was a possibiltiy for a Glastron member, but he has a different brand name of gauges, Aqua Meter.

David

Hyperacme:
Looks great Mark ...
I like the dial to set your red line with a red line !

V153:
Redline schmedline ...

MarkS:
Thanks for the kind words guys.
David wrote:

--- Quote ---I see that you also have a water pressure qauge. That is quite a feat to install given the plumbing to the outboard's water jacket. Is 45 MPH high enough for your 115 HP Johnson? Nothing like instruments that are accurate and read plainly. I know how difficult it is to install instruments and appreciate the finished product.
--- End quote ---
Installing the water press. gauge wasn't really that bad once I figured out where to drill and tap for the sender.  It ended up going into the junction (thermostat housing) the two water hoses come to on the exhaust housing.  I'm kind of a fanatic about keeping up with what's going on with the motor.  Right now I'm topping out at 40 MPH, so this speedo should be fine.  I plan on getting a stainless prop later on when I can afford it, but still should be "on the chart" as they say.
Gregg wrote:

--- Quote ---I like the dial to set your red line with a red line !
--- End quote ---
Me too, plus now they light up at night which is nice.  (Not that I do that much nightime boating, but it's nice to know you can still see the gauges.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version