General Category > Members Profiles / Introductions

New Member. 1979 CVX-18

(1/5) > >>

Shrom CVX-18:
Hey guys I am new to this site, This past season in late June I had purchased a CVX-18 Glastron.  After owning a 1973 CV-16 that I sold after I bought the CVX. The CV I had bought we no outboard, no interior. I put in new floor new interior and a Force 85hp outboard. Max it went 45mph Not going to lie I kinda miss it. A lot of tlc went into that thing. But I am happier now with my CVX witch has more power, and rides so much nicer. I have many plans for it. new carpet in the future. currently this winter working on putting through hull external exhaust in it. I put center riser manifolds on it a few weeks ago. So that being said I have the old Log style manifolds forsale with risers if anyone is interested.

Grinder:
Welcome, nice boat, I have the exact same one. Does yours have the 198HP (2BBL) or the 228HP (4BBL)? You will have to post pics of the thru hull, I was think of doing that but it looks pretty tight.

Shrom CVX-18:
Nice looking boat! Yeah it is tight back there it is 198hp 2BBL. With the center riser manifolds that I bought for it makes a lot more room to do it and should make it easy to do.  I will be sure to post pictures of the process. What kinda speed have you had your boat at? I can only get mine to 56mph

Grinder:
I have the 898, but someone put a 4BBL on it. The best I have gotten with it was 57.7 GPS. Is that 56 on GPS?

Shrom CVX-18:
No thats just what my speedo says. I havent had a chance to borrow my buddies gps. I kinda surprized your not getting any faster with the 4bbl what prop you running? I have a 19p stainless. Anything higher then that for me I lose my rpms..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version