General Category > Archived Posts

2011 Annual Meet Thread

(1/18) > >>

ChfBrianB:
Friends,
The meet is FAST approaching!  I need your help in getting the registrations in, and getting the word out!  As you know, you can be a part of the largest gathering of Glastron and Glastron Carlson boats in the world!

I would like to make this year a very special event!

Are there things that you are aware of that might make the meet better?  I know that last year there was a Glastron dealer that said we should contact them for support this year.

I'm interested in knowing what your thoughts are on special events at the meet, activities, plans, etc.  This is YOUR meet!  How can it be better?

As always, I would really like to have the reservations in as soon as possible!  I know that this summer has been strange for many of us, but it's not over yet!  Get those reservations in ASAP so that we can properly allocate you slips and space!

Many of you have asked what you can do to help!  THANK YOU!  For those of you who have been to the campground before, you know the things we need!  Feel free to post here what you have and what you can bring.  As you know, in past years it has run very smoothly, so think of the things that you remember and go from there!  Also, you can help by promoting the event!  Get a buzz going, and encourage people to join us!  This year, it's going to be challenging to get our members to come.  We want to let every club member know that we want them to be a part of this event!

I'm very excited to see you all again!  Get those registrations in, and let's have a GREAT weekend!

Brian

ChfBrianB:
NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS!

Here is what I ask of you...

1. Please RSVP  to cgoamn@gmail.com with the following information (Please answer as many questions as possible).  You can copy and paste  the following questions with answers into your e-mail.
Please respond even if you are coming but will not be camping.  I am managing a roster of everyone that plans to attend in any way.

A. When will you be arriving (Date and time estimated)?
B. Will you be camping with us or finding your own accomodations?
C. If you will you be camping, will you be in a RV or in a tent?
D. How many people in your group?
E. How many boats in your party? (Please include the boat model)
F. Will you be renting a slip?
G. If you are renting a slip, what is your boat length?
H. What is your e-mail address and phone #
I. What is the name of the party representative for your group?
J. How many nights will you be staying?

The cost of the event is $32 per tent (or RV) per night.  Slips are recommended and are $15 per day.  There may be a small additional charge for groups of more than 2 per tent or RV.

The full weekend for two people with slip rental is $94 and is requested in advance so that I can properly manage our reservations.  You may use paypal or check (made out to Brian Bergstrom).

Paypal may be sent to cgoamn@gmail.com

Checks should be made out to Brian Bergstrom and mailed to:

CGOAMN Meet Reservations

2312 7th Ave East

North St. Paul, MN 55109

ChfBrianB:
Here is a nice Video Teaser for this years event put together by Vance...

Looking forward to his video work this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlznPk-Bdw

dorelse:
I, for one, am one of the many coming...but not yet 'officially' registered (which means...I haven't paid yet...), but...I'll be there!

I know last year there were some law changes that Green & TonkaJim pointed out...anything like that would be a nice reminder.  I never have to think about this stuff on the lakes I boat on...but the river is a different level than I'm used to.

Tonka Jim:

--- Quote from: dorelse on July 25, 2011, 11:03:03 AM ---
Law changes that Green & TonkaJim pointed out...anything like that would be a nice reminder. 

--- End quote ---

Allan may want to respond to this regarding river rules.
The main 2 things for anyone towing a boat in Minnesota is the new invasive  species laws.
1) All lake weeds must be removed before leaving the landing.
2) All drain plugs must be removed & left out while transporting on public roads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version