Author Topic: Warning, safety and Caution decals  (Read 3906 times)

Offline wiliermdb

Warning, safety and Caution decals
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
Call it anal but I've worked on quite a few car restorations since I was 14 and we always replaced the factory information labels to add that finishing touch.

I found a couple of places on the net that produce the marine industry safety labels but one that I actually spoke with will only sell them in a roll of 25 for an ungodly $200.  Of course, they could offer no assistance on where I could purchase them as singles.

Any here have any leads?  Looking for the one that warns about gas being explosive, check tank annually for damage, one that states to put motor in neutral or turn off before using the boarding ladder.

I'm thinking about contacting Glastron to see if they will send me some. Worth a try.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Warning, safety and Caution decals
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:09:19 AM »
MarkS & Gil know of printers/decal shops that can reproduce stickers if you have them or find them online and copy them.
If they can reproduce the GT160 side stickers they can reproduce anything !

Offline GIL_CV21

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »
if you have whats left of the original , bring it to a sign shop that does digital reproductions . or a good photo with some dimensions . 
most shops these days have Auto-Cad and if they know how to use it its pretty easy .
here are a few examples i had made at a sign shop in my neck of the woods ( still have a bunch of the Pack-a-jet 460 decals left ) < shameless plug . lol

Offline MarkS

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »
Here's the link to the guy I use, I think Catchintheedge (Mark) is having him do some re-pops of the Gator decals for his trailer too.
http://www.garzonstudio.com/boat/glastron.html

< shameless plug . lol
Not at all, Gil - Just good marketing.   ;)
Mark
1978 SSV-176

Offline wiliermdb

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Perfect.  Great info.  Thanks

Was out in the boat until about 10 minutes ago finishing up the wiring. I finished the console box, carpeted it and have the glove box mounted. Mother nature just started to unload some rain with 20 mph winds and thunder. Drug the box inside and will wire lights and speaks on the kitchen counter top.

Will post some pics soon.

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »
Here's the link to the guy I use, I think Catchintheedge (Mark) is having him do some re-pops of the Gator decals for his trailer too.
http://www.garzonstudio.com/boat/glastron.html

Yep, just FYI... I'm going to have the fenders and front stantion powder coated on the Gator trailer, but wanted good replica decals before I started it.  Folks at Garzonstudio were very responsive, ... can't wait to see their artwork and the finished product.  I'll post some pics when it's done.    
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:45:41 PM by catchnedge »
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'87 CVX-16 Outboard, '88 Johnson 120--
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"