Author Topic: TRADED TWO ANTIQUE SHOT GUNS FOR CVX JET BOAT  (Read 8398 times)

Offline TWISTED CVX

TRADED TWO ANTIQUE SHOT GUNS FOR CVX JET BOAT
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Here is a little about me I own and operate Ruby Mountain Marine here in Elko not much of a town but I am very lucky and have the only shop here for now. I have a very small business out of my home.

About two years ago I found a 79 20 foot CVX Jet boat for sale here in Elko There was no engine. just boat and trailer. I had talked to him about two years ago and thought the boat was gone. I didnt get it because of the amount of work it needed and I was boat poor. Here about a month ago I was on Craigs list and low and behold there was the boat again asking 700 obo or trade. I had since seen some of these on Utube and I knew how rare they are. I contacted him and it took about three days for him to get back to me he works nights at one of the mines here. Anyway we set up an apointment and I went out to see it. It is really rough and had the ex manifolds , bellhousing, and motor mounts and some seats the previous owner had the front seats done and had put some funky wooden box on the back of the boat where the back seat went and made another battery box then put some funky little seats there.

The owner and I talked about trading and he told me he really needed to get it out of there his buddy was pissed off and wanted the boat off his property. So I offered two old bolt action 16 gauge shot guns. He wasnt real wild about the idea wasnt into guns but he had to get the boat out of there. So the next week we met up and I brought out the shot guns he looked at them and signed over the titles for the boat and trailer to me. If he had wanted cash I would of skipped on it . Just needed too much work.

If the boat was not so rare I would of passed on it I have a yard full of boats and really need to clear out . I knew if I didnt get it that this boat would eventually end up at the dump or wrecking yard. It was a rescue buy.

I know nothing about these boats and really need the members help. It has a Berk Jet with a the Jen o vator on it I have no ideal how it works I am not a jet guy. So any help or advice would be greatly appreaciated I look forward to meeting all you people Thank You Roger  ;D

Offline sledneck67

• 79 cvx-16 dlx /79 merc 1150.My son,Logan
Re: TRADED TWO ANTIQUE SHOT GUNS FOR CVX JET BOAT
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
Hi,great boat.Thats what I have been wanting,are you thinking about selling it ?
Larry                                                                 1975 CV-16V8 /1979 CVX-16 Dlx sold,want a CVX-20 jet project.

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »
Hi,great boat.Thats what I have been wanting,are you thinking about selling it ?
Maybe, I might have a 460 lined up that had a lot of work done on it in a jet boat. I mean braded lines polished manifold and all the marine stuff I need to get this ole girl going. But the boat was left out in the elments and the engine is probably froze.  I just not sure what I am going to do with the CVX yet? So how come you don't get a message in the email when sombody responds to your post?  The only way I found this reply was going back on line to the website.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:05:09 AM by dorelse »

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
so how come you don't get a message in the email when sombody responds to your post?  The only way I found this reply was going back on line to the website.

That's going to depend on the settings you select in your profile...you can choose to be notified when a thread you're subscribed to occurs.  Just need to change the setting & welcome Roger!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
Welcome Roger.
I have a jet. Not a lot of experience with it yet but so far, its been fun to drive. Not a lot of moving parts etc.
For parts and to get questions answered, I've dealt with CP Performance. I've gotten a lot of info from them pertaining to maintenance of the jet and help identifying parts etc.

http://www.cpperformance.com/

Keep us posted on your progress and post some pictures. WE love pics.

Ross
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN forum Roger !

You could email me the pictures of your CVX and I'll post them for you ...
Click on the " My Messages" in the upper left of the screen for my email address.
My email account will only take 10 megs per email, so you might only get two or three picture per email, depending on size of pictures.
There also a setting in your profile to get an email if you get a PM (My Messages), you might want to check that setting also ...

There's a Berkley manual here ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=2916.0

More G/C info here ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?board=7.0

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:34:43 PM »
I don't understand why can't I post pics I pushed insert image and it just puts some dumb icon on the post it wont let me browse huh????? I got pics ready to go??????

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
Email one to me and I'll try ...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
Start wet sanding....see what happens.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »
Start wet sanding....see what happens.

I was going to do that and the guy before the guy I got it from cut some holes in the back for stacks the holes have been repaired and sprayed in primer and there was two other repairs with red oxide primer. The bottom of the boat is gouged up pretty bad down to the glass in places. So how do I put up the rest of the pictures???  The upper Gell coat is pretty rough I really wanted to wet sand it and buff it out. 

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »
When you reply to the post, on the bottom left corner is an ' + Additional Options'.  Click on that, then choose 'Attach - Choose File' and browse to your picture.

You can add multiple pictures by clicking the '(more attachements)' to the right of the 'Choose File' button.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
Ok guys here is some pictures and this is the way I got it. I have a tarp for it just have another Glastron I am preparing to sell. Will get the jet out and pull everything out vac it out and clean the seats and get if covered. Thanks for the response you all seem like great people on here so far  8)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:24:22 AM by Hyperacme »

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
More pics
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:35:02 AM by Hyperacme »

Offline TWISTED CVX

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »
Ok guys here is some pictures and this is the way I got it. I have a tarp for it just have another Glastron I am preparing to sell. Will get the jet out and pull everything out vac it out and clean the seats and get if covered. Thanks for the response you all seem like great people on here so far  8)

I guess it wont let me post anymore pics I sent three more and no cigar.

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »
Roger - There's no restriction on pictures...the more the merrier.
1990 Sierra 1700