Author Topic: New from Texas!  (Read 4285 times)

Offline RJCV23

New from Texas!
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »
As I was telling my friend Mike2500 I was interested in getting a Regal sometime down the road ... we got into this conversation about Classic Glastrons.  After hours and hours of looking at youtube videos and pics of these beautiful boats, I was hooked on the CV23.  I spent the last few weeks on craigslist trying to find one and lucked out on this beauty.  Of course I had to drive 5 hours one way to get it ... it was worth it though  :)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: New from Texas!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 07:39:08 AM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN forum RJCV23 !
We have a few member from Texas and surrounding states, hope you guys can get together for a meet.
The CV23 is getting to be a popular boat among members !
Is yours a I/O or Jet ?

Offline Maclin

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »
Very nice RJ,  good story too.

I had to go 5 hours for mine, bought it in Wichita Kansas.  We live in Argyle.  I had been looking for a boat like mine for more than 3 years, wanted to get back into outboards and smaller (my other boat is a 22 foot cuddy I/O).

I mentioned this in my thread you replied to, that we usually go to Lake Ray Roberts, it is my style I guess.  Lewisville is intimidating to me for some reason, have not been out of that Highlands Village cove yet  :-/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:47:38 AM by Maclin »
Dan
1980 Glaston SSV167 90HP Mariner
1991 HydroSwift 2200 Cuddy VP 570/DP

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »
Cool CV23, congrats... made a good choice.  I drove to Wisconsin and back (from San Antonio) few years ago to pic up my GT-150... I know, call me crazy!  :)  But at least I was able to attend the annual meet in Red Wing, so kinda killed two birds with one stone.  The things we will do for our Glastrons.

Have not spent much time on lakes near Dallas/Fort Worth area... test drove a boat on Lewisville years ago. I spend most of my time on Canyon Lake, Dunlap or Placid... all in/around New Braunfels TX area.

Welcome.
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline RJCV23

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:45 AM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN forum RJCV23 !
We have a few member from Texas and surrounding states, hope you guys can get together for a meet.
The CV23 is getting to be a popular boat among members !
Is yours a I/O or Jet ?

Thank you all!  It is an I/O 

I am planning on getting to Lake Lewisville this weekend, hope to see you guys there!