Author Topic: GCOTD  (Read 1000078 times)

Plugcheck and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
GCOTD
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
GCOTD ...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:01:16 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: GCOTD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
I don’t really want to sell it, I don’t have to sell it but I have the chance to purchase a mint, all original, CVX 20 and I won’t sell my Scimitar so I’m going to probe the marketplace for a OC-type like me who might want this Beauty!

I bought the boat from the second owner (original owner owned the boat for a bit over a year from new); a very low use (previous owner estimated that it had less than 120 hours on it and said this of his friend, the original owner, “he had built the motor up, cam and rollers shortly after he bought the boat from the local Glastron dealer”) and I probably have put 15 hours on it.

I had the boat transported (off-the-road) to California; when the boat went thru the State boarder inspection the State-employed Buffoon / Inspector insisted on seeing the “bilge” and before the transport driver knew it this 290 Lb Gorilla had cut the shrink-wrap and climbed up onto the engine cover damaging a near perfect all original boat (fractured the engine cover nearly all the way across -at the hinge). After a massive search for metal flake a really gifted “glass man” hand blended the flake to a perfect match, built up the cover (to make it more ridged), ground down the surface to the base color and re-shot the entire rear section of the boat to insure a perfect blending of both the gel-coat and the metal flake.

The trailer was disassembled and stripped. New wheel bearings, alloy wheels and tires, new lumber (redwood for the bunks and marine plywood for the steps) hardware and two new custom “tapered” fenders installed then painted (in Imron) and decaled to original – the only difference being that the original trailer decal said “GLASTRON” and the new one’s I had made state “GLASTRON-CARLSON”.

The original distributer had problems so it was replaced with a new HEI unit.
The original carburetor had been rebuilt by the previous owner however it was not functioning correctly; a new (not rebuilt) unit was installed.
The original “MR” series drive had failed; I elected to replace it with a new Alpha 1 unit.
Three of the original gauges were not working and finding suitable OEM replacements was not possible; all gauges were replaced, all but the tach and speedo fit into the original openings, modifications were required (to the original panel) to fit the larger diameter tach and speedo.
The upholstery required some stitching and panel replacement; I had upholstery made-to-match the original.  After this I was able to find a full-roll of material that retains the “marbling” look of the original, enough to redo the entire boat at some point and only if the existing were to be damaged. The upholstery, as it is, is exceptional. The carpet appears to be the original. The stern, floor and stringers are all solid. The boat has always been stored indoors.
The top and hull finishes are also exceptional. There are two very fine (so fine I can’t photograph them and only visible in soft light) spiders - one on each side of the boat @ the gunwale – approx. 18-20” from the trailing edge of the windshield frame.
Performance: The engine sounds “hearty” at idle! I’m not prone to firewalling the boat but I can tell you that acceleration (love the sound of the secondary’s) once the boat plains-out is a head-snapper and the top-end is somewhere beyond 68.5 mph (the last gps reading I was able to read before my skin color started to change!) I figure there’s another 4-7 mph left in it but I haven’t got the nerve to find out.

The Boat looks great in the pictures; it looks better in person and draws attention were ever I’ve taken it. I know that an $18k price tag may seem extreme and though well under what I’ve got tied up in it for what the boat represents someone may find it reasonable particularly if they were to go thru the expense of reproducing a CVX 18 of this quality and originality.

If you’ve a serious interest or know of someone who might feel free to PM me and we’ll exchange phone numbers. Curtis

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »
1978 Glastron w/85 Johnson and trailer - $2900 (Bellaire, Mi
https://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/d/1978-glastron-85-johnson-and/6401777963.html

Great little boat, don't let the age scare you this boat is ready to be used. Only 15' long offers unmatched performance for someone wanting to rip around the lake this summer. seats only 4 people and has a closed bow.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:49:43 AM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:54 AM »
Carlson Ski Boat 115 Yamaha Engine Glastron Trailor - $2100 (Clovis
https://clovis.craigslist.org/boa/d/carlson-ski-boat-115-yamaha/6381290179.html

CONTACT INFO IS THE SECOND PHOTO Carlson Ski Boat 115 Yamaha Engine Glastron Trailor. Needs Upholestry.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:26:45 PM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
1980 Glastron Carlson CVX 20 - $6000 (Windsor)
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/boa/d/1980-glastron-carlson-cvx-20/6445105506.html

Beautiful CVX 20 Sprint Blue sparkle, new floor new interior, Mercury Black Max 200 runs strong.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:45:19 AM by Hyperacme »
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
Glastron Carlson / CVX17 / $300
https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/glastron-carlson/6396757018.html

Hull is in great shape. No seats or trailer just hull no motor $300

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »
1976 glastron - $5000
https://northernwi.craigslist.org/boa/d/1976-glastron/6393086981.html

1976 glastron cv-16ss
130hp volvo penta 280 lower
99% original boat, very lows hours, very nice shape, never sat outside.
$5000 obo
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 03:48:12 PM »
Glastron CV16 - $2000 (Newfound Lake)
https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/glastron-cv16/6397268689.html

Own a piece of James Bond history!!!
1972 Glastron Carlson CV16 with a 1978 Mercury Tower of Power 1150 115 HP outboard.
CV16 is the upgraded larger model from the classic James Bond GT150.
Engine was tuned up with new plugs, and carb floats by the local marina this summer and ran like a top this season! Pulls skiers and tubes great with the 19" stainless prop, change it out and hit 45+ with the 21" aluminum prop.
Brand new white vynl seats, cushions, and interior panels.
Lights, power trim, steering, all engine controls functioning. Good condition galvanized trailer with bearing buddies.
The boat could use some new floors and some fiberglass finish work. It would make an excellent winter project for a guy wanting to finally boat like their favorite childhood secret agent!

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 07:17:12 AM »
I am reducing the price by $500. New price is $4900.
Additionally, I will also help with the logistics if needed. The boat can be delivered for 50 cents a mile; 1000 mile limit.

1981 Glastron Carlson Scimitar project with trailer.
http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11522

Asking price is $4900.
Brand: Glastron Carlson
Year: 1981
Model: Scimitar
Power: Mercruiser 260 HP
Year of power (if applicable): 1981
General condition: Fair. Needs restoration.
Contact information: Chuck @ 770-540-9358 or chuckmj24@gmail.com
Boat Location: Atlanta, GA

Floor, stringers, transom and hull are solid. Will need new gel coat and upholstery. Also needs the t-tops. Engine and out-drive allegedly were in operating condition. I have not run the engine. Very good project boat for someone who has been looking for a Scimitar.
Unfortunately, I have too many projects and not enough time to restore this one.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
$2000 price increase ...

1989 carlson 23css
http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11524

1989 glastron carlson 23css - $6500 (Hornby
https://watertown.craigslist.org/boa/d/1989-glastron-carlson-23css/6394156389.html

Here is a nice classic boat. New interior 2 years ago $3800.00 New top $1800.00 New windshield $2600.00 5 blade ss prop $650.00.
Boat has a 350 mag. This Carlson always brings conversation on the water.
This Carlson comes with a trailer.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »
1986 Glastron CVX17 with 120 HP Johnson - $2500 (Highland Lakes
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/1986-glastron-cvx17-with-120/6411883949.html

17 Foot Glastron Ski Boat for sale. 1986 Glastron Model CVX17 with 120 HP Johnson Outboard Motor, including trailer $2,500 OBO. Will be available for as long as post is active. No trades.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »
Only 70 MPH ?

16 ft Glasstron - $1100 (Palmetto fl
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/d/16-ft-glasstron/6414015575.html

1980s glastron gt with 115 mercury 70mph+ tower of power, motor has good compression and a solid hull, floor could us some tlc but it's a great boat that's never seen salt water same as trailer witch is in good shape
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Classic 1977 Glastron Jet Boat - $8900
https://poconos.craigslist.org/boa/d/classic-1977-glastron-jet-boat/6416764013.html

Hottest looking jet boat on the water, same style used in James Bond movie 'Live and let die'. Classic 1977 Glastron 20ft Jet Boat CVX-20. Fresh water used only. Overall excellent condition, with little to no damage. Indoor storage since 2002. Looks as good as picture. Quick sale price of $8900. Shortblock engine replacement with approximately 50hrs engine time. Has not been run since 2001. Please contact over text only
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
Glastron 21' boat - $6599 (Center Pointe)
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/d/glastron-21-boat/6423946213.html

• Description
• Year: 1981
• Length: 21'
• Engine/Fuel Type: Single / Gas/Petrol
• Located In: Milwaukee WI
• Hull Material: Fiberglass
• Current Price:US $ 7,599.00

• This popular USA built 1 berth cuddy is finished in green and white livery has a 5.0L Mer Cruiser inboard.
"Marie Sue Devon" has a good service history and will be valeted and serviced by Center Pointe Marine before sale.
Ideal for sports, weekends away, family cruising and fishing down riggers supplied and Poles ETC. Viewing recommended.

Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:

Boat Name
Marie Sue Devon

Specs
Hull Shape: Planing

Dimensions
LOA: 22
Beam: 8
Maximum Draft: 0.76 m

Engines
Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Mercruiser
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: EFI ONE 5.0L
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Drive Type: Stern drive

Accommodations
Number of single berths: 1

Electronic,
Fish finder, CB Radio, Ship to shore radio, AM FM CD Radio with full sound speakers subs mid highs

Inside Equipment
Electric bilge pump

Additional Equipment
Fast Loader trailer

Deck / rig
Pulpit. Cleats. Tonneau cover. Boarding Ladder and bathing platform. Navigation Lights. Cup Holders. Fenders. Anchor.

Cabin
1Berth. Storage. 2 easy chairs. Porta Potty.

Cockpit & Dash
Deep cockpit for safety. Compass. Helm seat and Co-pilot seat. 2 jump seats either side of engine. Long storage to side. Floor storage. Ski Hook.

Electrical & Electronics
Full set of instrumentation. Bilge pump. Blower. Horn. Battery and box.

Machinery
EFI ONE 5.0L Mercruiser Engine - 2007. Alpha 1 Leg.

Trailer
Fast Load 4 Wheel Trailer. Winch, Jockey wheel and lights.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
1973 Glastron GT160 with 115hp Mercury - $1500 (Dearborn
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/d/1973-glastron-gt160-with/6429265175.html

I've owned this boat for 6 years. It was last on the water, pulling skiers, labor day weekend 2016. It has been stored indoors ever since. The motor is newer than the hull. I looked it up once and I believe it is a late 80s model. It is 115hp two-stroke "Tower of Power". The previous owner told me it is actually a 150 horse, but with 115hp badges. You can take it or leave it. I cannot verify this. What I can tell you is that I had it tuned up and running in 2012 on a glassy day on the Grand River at 55mph. I'm sure with a little elbow grease and a jump start, the motor would fire right up. If you know these Mercury 2-Strokes, then you know that they refuse to die. Now it has been sitting for over a year, so you will probably want to dump the fuel and get the motor tuned up. Steering is a little tight, but still moves. As you can see from the photos, the boat does need some cosmetic updates. The windshield is actually plexiglass with car window tint that is bubbling. It looks good from far, but far from good. The seats are ripping in some spots, but I did rebuild the frame of the rear seat in 2011, so it is not in that bad of shape. The front ski holder is missing the door. The fiberglass is a little ashy. There are some minor nicks and scratches throughout. It is also missing a piece of trim on the rear starboard side. The rear running light is missing the plastic covering. The speedometer doesn't work. Additionally, the floor is little soft behind the front seats. I redid the floor in the front when I bought it and I regret not doing the entire thing. Lastly, there is a slight crack along the back top of the fiberglass. I filled this in with caulk and the transom is still solid. I believe that the upper and lower pieces of the fiberglass have just shifted over time (it is 45 years old). I had a lot of fun on this boat, but now I just don't use it anymore. This is a really cool boat that you could have on the water in the spring with minor work or you could do a full project restoration on it. There are not many of these historic boats left. Trailer is included in the sale. It is as old as the boat and is in about the same shape. One of the rear lights is out, but the tires are newer and if you hitch it up to your truck, it'll move the boat down the road. Please let me know if you have any questions about the boat or if you would like to come look at it. I can also take more pictures and send to you if there is a specific detail you want a better photo of. I can also send you a video walk around of the boat. I purchased this boat on eBay over 6 years ago and put a little work in to it. I enjoyed many summers on it. I'm hoping someone else can do the same. Cash only. No Trades
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 10:24:46 AM »
1973 Glastron Carlson CV-16 SS **collectors** - $2500 (Leesburg, IN
https://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/d/1973-glastron-carlson-cv-16/6433140133.html

Rare, collector's 1973 Glastron Carlson CV-16 SS I/O all original. This boat was built for performance with its Volvo Penta AQ130c hp paired with the 270 outdrive. Both are easy and fun to work on. Volvo B block interchanges with auto parts. Same year and model (GT) as James Bond jump boat. Boat and trailer are solid and mechanically sound. Have Indiana titles for both in hand. Some details include:

Motor purrs at flip of switch, new head gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, water pump, fuel pump, fuel lines
Great hole-shot power; mechanical steering and shifter (Morse) are solid; twin Solex carbs
Outdrive shifts smooth, no clunks; no leaks in motor or outdrive; no rubber boot rot
Power trim, blower and bilge all operational; outdrive reverse linkage is perfect
Gauges all sealed and operational; impressive gauge panel
Alternator charges; includes good battery; windshield intact, no cracks
Trailer, new tires and wheels, bearings packed, lighting intact
All chrome intact, only thing missing is some paint and seats
Gelcoat is sound throughout, boat is tight, floor is solid with no dry rot, transom is solid

Boat priced to sell due to too many projects. I bought this boat right, improved it mechanically, and I'm selling it right. You put some time and a little cash into this boat and you have a priceless machine. Collector's item folks. I can demo on Tippy if there's no ice.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »
1973 Glastron 26' Carribean Offshore - $2000 (LAS VEGAS
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/d/1973-glastron-26-carribean/6429408436.html

I bought this boat in 1997. It was going to Mexico to fish the Sea of Cortex and Pacific Ocean. It never happened. It has 2 Volva Penta outdrives and inline 6 cylinder engines. The outdrives have been gone through by a professional, and the engines run great. Both starters were rebuilt, Hydraulic breaks new, New 100 gallon aluminum gas tank (never had gas in it). Rear transom stabilizers new. New bellows. New gas filters. Excellent Heavy Duty Trailer. Good tires. The inside needs to be redone, Cuddy Cabin has recovered cushions, but ceiling and sides need new carpet. The Hull on this boat is solid and built for rough water. If you are young and ambitious, this would boat could be totally restored for 3 to 4 thousand dollars. Anything similar in good shape would go for 50 Grand. It my loss and your gain. I have over 10 grand in the boat. Also has a bimini top. Put it on Powell or Meade and you would never have to worry about weather. Thanks, Jim
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 11:21:47 AM »
Glastron Carlson CV 27 - $2400 (Homosassa)
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa/d/glastron-carlson-cv-27/6427527566.html

Glastron Carlson CV 27 1979 No motors or outdrives , need interior, cabin interior ok. Tandem axle trailer new axles, springs, hubs and rollers $2,400.00 or best offer.

Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
Glastron 15 ft speedboat. - $150 (south dade)
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/glastron-15-ft-speedboat/6421562162.html

Glastron 15 ft speedboat.
No motor or trailer.
Or you can buy my trailer for $500
and get the boat for free.
Gregg
'76 CV16

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »
$1000 price drop ...

Glastron speedboat 1967 - $2000 (Miller Place ny
https://glensfalls.craigslist.org/boa/d/glastron-speedboat-1967/6393909327.html

14 foot Glastron speedboat
1967 aqualift with 60 hp engine  , Recently tuned up , carbs done  . Boat was lake boat
Boat was reLocated to Long Island , saw saltwater 3 times ...but it belongs upstate , that's why I'm listing it upstate. Willing to make arrangements to transport ... no one down here appreciates a boat like this for what it is .
Gregg
'76 CV16