Author Topic: Let's get to know each other...  (Read 301743 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Let's get to know each other...
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
Pull it out and let it drain and dry out, then put it back in and see if you can find where water leaks are.

Offline Westgunn

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
Hello from Texas!

Didn't know this site existed, but I'm sure glad it does! Got a small project on my hands and in the search for parts, I stumbled across this place.

I've got a 1986 Carlson Intimidator that's been in my family for a little over 20 years. My dad bought this boat when I was about 10 or 11 and he recently has allowed me to make the necessary repairs to get it back on the water. I guess it's not entirely necessary to say, but I love this boat. It's the one I learned to ski behind, the one that I learned to drive, and now the one that I get to learn how to fix up. Not sure I'll be able to get it back to looking brand new (probably not), but it's already water worthy with the exception of a little trim issue that I'm working on. Got a trim motor and adapter on order, and I really hope they fit properly.

The lower unit went out on it the better part of a decade ago, and in the back of my dad's place it sat for that time. The windshield is history, and it will need some small fiberglass touch ups in the future, but that's about it. I hope to have the trim working again in the next week so that I may be able to take advantage of the end of the boating season before winterizing. We'll be enjoying time out on Lake Dunlap here in New Braunfels, TX...just about the best wakeboarding one could hope for in this area or any other. I'm sure I'll be driving out to Canyon Lake as well, since my kiddos will probably want to do some tubing....not cool on Dunlap.

I got it running again a little over a month ago, and I have to admit, I like just listening to this old engine even it's just sitting in the driveway. lol

Anyways, hello to all....and of course, happy boating!

1986 Glastron Carlson Intimidator

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »
Westgun, Hello!

I lived in New Braunfels for several years.  By far, Canyon Lake was my favorite water in the area.  You'll find a ton of help here.  Maybe we can talk you into draggin' that baby up  to southern Iowa for our summer kick-off - Run On Rathbun. 

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
Welcome! Sounds like a great boat and one definitely worth saving!
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
Welcome.  We have another Texas member, 'Catchnedge' who is very very close to you as well.  Intimidators are great boats and definitely worth saving!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Westgunn

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to get some pics to share next time I'm on the water. Hopefully soon!
1986 Glastron Carlson Intimidator

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
Westgunn, welcome!  Sent you a PM. 
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'87 CVX-16 Outboard, '88 Johnson 120--
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline Gentleman017

« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »
Hi to all,

I'm a new 'kid in town'. My name is Stefan, 41 years old and live in the Netherlands/Europe. My Glastron is a 1972 V-164 with a VOLVO PENTA AQ130C and a 270 heckdrive. My wife and I have been looking for a good Glastron for almost a year and three months ago we found our current boat; a good barnfind.
The Glastron has been sitting in the barn for more than 30 years and is in good shape. Original gelcoat, no anti-fouling, the upholstery is still pretty good (only two minor cuts) and I'm just missing a few parts; steering wheel inserts, Glastron emblems (the small metal ones) and three interior stickers.
The motor is still good but I will take him out and give him a good tune up.

I hope I will get the boat ready for the summer of 2013 so that we can enjoy the good life on the water.
It is good to know that there are still a lot of enthusiastic Glastron people all over the world.
The problem in Europe is that the availability of parts is pretty dried up; that is why I search the internet (ebay,..) looking for Glastron parts. Not only for me but also for the Glastron community. To preserve and sustain the classic Glastron.

In Mai next year we have our first Glastron get together in Rotterdam/the Netherlands with a total of +/- 30 boats. I'm looking forward to that!
It would be great (only very expensive) if one day we could set up a worldwide Glastron event. I dream on...ok?

Greetings, Stefan

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2012, 05:40:27 AM »
Welcome to CGOAMN Stefan !
Looking forward to seeing pictures and progress report on your V-164.
Stickers/decals are easy to find, members might have some of them and you could get a local sign shop to make the interior ones.

Offline tk

« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »
Hi Brian,

I am a first time Glastron owner.  I grew up with them in Northern North Dakota spending summers on Lake Metigoshi skiing, fishing, and finally driving an old Glastron.  After all of these years away from the Glastron pruduct, I finally had to have one.  lol 

I just purchased a 1 owner 1971 v156 w a matching year 65 Merc w trim.  I have had a few boats, from fishing to large cruisers, and know my way around the local lakes and rivers, but couldnt be more excited to finally own something that I grew up with, my first Glastron!!

Its a nice little boat and cant wait to put a shine on her in the Spring.  I am looking forward to learning more about the club.  Please advise.

thks,

tk

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi Brian,

I am a first time Glastron owner.  I grew up with them in Northern North Dakota spending summers on Lake Metigoshi skiing, fishing, and finally driving an old Glastron.  After all of these years away from the Glastron pruduct, I finally had to have one.  lol 

I just purchased a 1 owner 1971 v156 w a matching year 65 Merc w trim.  I have had a few boats, from fishing to large cruisers, and know my way around the local lakes and rivers, but couldnt be more excited to finally own something that I grew up with, my first Glastron!!

Its a nice little boat and cant wait to put a shine on her in the Spring.  I am looking forward to learning more about the club.  Please advise.

thks,

tk

First, welcome!

Beautiful lake country up there!  I have family all over that state.  Welcome to the club, it would help to know where you're at...but, we have a lot of group outings planned, read up, ask questions!  The 'big' meet is in Red Wing in August, and our kickoff meet is in southern Iowa in June.  Enjoy your boat!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
Tk

Welcome to the CGOAMN group of Glastron lovers.  Glad that you could pick up a old glastron and live out your younger years.

If you can make one of the meets it would be fun meeting you.  There is a member that lives in Grand Forks (Grinder, screen name) that is going to try to make the Red Wing meet this year. 
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2013, 06:24:48 PM »
Welcome to the CGOAMN !
Post some pictures of your V-156 ...

Offline eta1091

• Chillin The Most - Alaska Intimidator
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
Hello fellow Glastron Members.
My name is Eugene Alden and I live in Wasilla Alaska. I am married to "the lady who lets me live with her" Vicki for the past 20+ years. We have 5 children from the ages 23 to 14. I have worked in the Telecom industry since I was a kid. I have lived in Alaska since early 70's.  I recently purchased my first and only Intimidator in may of 2012. My dad owned the boat when it was new, when he died it got handed from my mom to my sister. My sister used it for a year or so and parked in outdoor storage where I found it 10 years later. I have always wanted this boat. I went with my dad to pick it up at Montgomery wards marina in Anchorage Alaska. he had a choice between the gold Intimidator or the Gold Scimitar. I can remember pulling up to the store and seeing that boat, it was a Lamborghini made for water. I feel like I paid top dollar for the boat, but the truth is I didn't care what the price was, I wanted my dads boat. I drug the boat home on the original trailer and I began the quest to get her going. I knew this boat was a one of a kind and has a long history along with the other Carlson's. Looking for help and ideas I cam across olered.com and that gentlemen has helped me since the day I decided to pull her apart(Robert). he pointed me this direction and here I am. I hope I can be as much help and inspiration to others as you have been to me. Thank you for the wonderful website and community. I hope to meet others up here in Alaska who share the same enthusiasm for a great American boat the Glastron Carlson.
1984 Intimidator Big Lake Alaska

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
Welcome to CGOAMN Eugene !

There's another member from Alaska,  rocky boat  ... http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1788
Maybe you guys can get together and start a chapter ...

Offline rocky boat

« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »
Hi - I'm Karen - way west of all of you in Anchorage, Alaska.  Never owned a power boat before.  (I own lots of sea kayaks).  bought a lake place, has a lovely dock and just the right size for water skiing  so I went on craigs list and ended up with a 1979 gt-150 by luck knowing nothing about them.  From Minnesota originally so found this site last fall to try and figure out how to shine up the outside and fix the shoebox seam leak.  We may only get 3 months of boating time - the lake is still way frozen --but I intend to be coolest old chick on the lake with my Rocky boat. 

Offline eta1091

• Chillin The Most - Alaska Intimidator
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »
hey Karen is there a HP limit on rocky lake? its our family's favorite camp ground, been going there for 10 years. we enjoy big lake to but it gets kind of hairy when the 3 day weekends come around. I've never put a boat in rocky lake and am anticipating your reply, because that's where I will be heading to get my boat in operating condition again.
1984 Intimidator Big Lake Alaska

Offline uncle buds CVX16

« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »
Hello,

I'm Benson, I own a 1978 CVX 16 Deluxe.  It's a work in process, I inherited the boat from mu uncle after he passed away 2 years ago.  Hoping that I can finish the interior this summer!  Currently reside in Lakeville.

-Benson

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »
Where in Lakeville?
 I live just south of 160th off of Highview.
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline uncle buds CVX16

« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
I live right over by city hall, south side of 50 between Holyoke and Dodd.