Author Topic: Thanks Everyone!  (Read 13608 times)

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
Thanks Everyone!
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
What an awesome meet!  Great weather, great people & beautiful, great running boats!

I personally want to thank everyone for making the meet a resounding success!  Shawn & Jessica for hosting on the 'big boat', their A/C  :) , and the Thursday Night cruise.

Also, to all those that helped to move the meet to Treasure Island.  I have to admit that I was hesitant, but the campgrounds, the bathrooms, beach, marina were all an upgrade over what we previously had.  Such a nice location, and such a beautiful beach at the Kinni!

Finally, thanks to Gregg for all his work in making the move to TI a success, nice job and thank you! 

Thanks everyone, couldn't ask for a better group to hang with!!!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:31:36 AM by Hyperacme »
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
Re: Thanks Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
It was great!

You deserve a great big THANK YOU too Doran.

You the MAN!
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »
Things went pretty well ...
Thanks to all that helped make this another GREAT event.
AND ...
Thank to all the members that showed up ... Hope you can make it back next year !

Offline David CVX-16

• Donate members
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 10:54:12 PM »
My thanks to all who made the 2015 Glastron Treasure Island event successful. Yes, the facilities are several cuts above the old location, with the spacious, well maintained grounds, great boat ramp, boat slips, protected bay, and access to both and St. Croix and the Mississippi - with no trains or train whistles.

We will never know all the man hours that go into making this event successful, and all the questions answered, and logistics mapped out. Thanks again to Doran, Gregg, and many others that created memories that will not be forgotten.

David
87' CVX-16, 85' 115 HP Johnson, 58.8 MPH GPS w/ 23" SRX Prop

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 11:04:09 PM »
Honestly David, and correct me if you think I'm wrong Gregg, but TI took a lot of weight off all of us.  I know I was able to enjoy the weekend more than I have the last couple years.  (Which was awesome.)

The only thing (and Gregg and I will work on this) is that we didn't have any knowledge of who was coming when...we had a cancellation or 2 and I have no idea who...

1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »
There was a lot of work, phone calls really involved with this years event because we didn't know who/how/where/when ...
Next year we can make two phone calls and were done !

I sat on a chair all week ... It was AWESOME not to have to do or worry about anything.

The Sat. meal is still our biggest problem. every one what's it, me included ...
Easy / Cheap / Safe   ....  Pick any two ...

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »
We had a great time!
Thanks to all who helped pull the change of venue, together.

New place and some confusion but overall, it all worked out.

If Summer will be our permanent contact person, next year,  with one phone number to call, that will be great. That will eliminate some of the confusion while talking to the wrong folks there or getting conflicting info.
Glad it took a huge burden off the organizers. You guys need to enjoy it as well.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:40 AM »
It was great Guys! Thank you for all who was involved! Every thing was on the plus side.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 09:03:05 AM »
Summer will be the contact person for next years event.
If that changes, we will post who to contact well before event.

Best bet is to call on a weekday between 9:00 to 5:00.
Even then you might get a dock person that won't know about the event, maybe try again at another day or time.
There is also a woman named Kelly that seems to know what's what ...

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »
This was an awesome event, i am so impressed that so many people traveled long distances to meet up here for the weekend.
super big thanks to all the people that worked so hard to make this happen, and to all that showed up.
we have a very special thing going here.
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Heard from Summer that the campground looked great after everyone left.  Thank you everyone for leaving it the way we found it!!!  We're all booked for next year!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Tonka Jim

• Donate members
  • 1977 SSV 176 1989 CV 23
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
Heard from Summer that the campground looked great after everyone left.  Thank you everyone for leaving it the way we found it!!!  We're all booked for next year!

Please ask Summer if you can post her E-mail address so we can thank her.

Pros; Too many to list!

Cons; 1)Water, most people had bottled water so not a big problem, bring a few extra jugs 
              next year.           
          2) Electricity, maybe next year when Summer says "we can work something out", she will.
          3) A set of steps from the campsite to the bathrooms would be nice.
          4) Group area, the area along side the parking lot where we had trailers would be a nice   
              spot. There was a fire pit near the beach there for a group fire. Also we should have         
              used the big fire pit on the beach in the evening. trailers can be parked in the open area
              toward the hotel.
          5) Wood, $20.00 for a dozen sticks? Next year we can bring our own.
1977 SSV-176 / '85 115 Merc. - Mine
1989  CV 23 / 350 - 270hp - Kelly's
1968 V-174 / '73 140 I/O - Gifted to Son
1971 Seaking 14' / 1958 Evenrude 7.5 - Gifted to Grandson

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 01:24:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to suggest that a run of power outlets in the campground would be a nice upgrade...

We should have used the beach fire pit!  (yes, byow for 2016)

Should we mark off areas for 2016?  A map would be easy enough (to the marina from the front of TI), and also of the campground layout, trailers go here, group area/coffee is here, circle driving area - don't block, etc.

Yes, great ideas.
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »
I saw that large fire pit on the beach saturday. That would be a nice place for the evenings!
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
The planners can get together and talk about best way to lay out group area, trailer parking, etc. now that we know how it's set up.
Steps would be GREAT to get to bathrooms / parking lot, but like power I'm not sure if T.I. would be willing to do it, we can ask though.
We'll do what ever it takes to get the outlet by beach working ... one outlet isn't going to fix all power problems, but should be doable ... Maybe ...

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
The planners can get together and talk about best way to lay out group area, trailer parking, etc. now that we know how it's set up.
Steps would be GREAT to get to bathrooms / parking lot, but like power I'm not sure if T.I. would be willing to do it, we can ask though.
We'll do what ever it takes to get the outlet by beach working ... one outlet isn't going to fix all power problems, but should be doable ... Maybe ...

Already chatting with Summer about it!  :D  Don't know what will happen, I'm happy to keep bringing my generator, I just need it to stay in eco mode overnight so it can power the good old cpap...likely the cause of my Dad's untimely passing, so I'm pretty paranoid about it.  My other thought this weekend was to put Jimmy's generator behind one of the mounds and run power to a group charging station.  That doesn't help power fans at night in the tents though...

I suggested that a few buried, permanently affixed outlets would be great as we try to grow the club given all the space they have...
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Terry_Curran

• Donate members
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 05:54:29 PM »
Thanks to everyone for making this happen. I look forward to this trip every year! 

Terry

Offline rmorit01

• Donate members
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 06:00:55 PM »
Wanted to thank everyone - too many to list but as a "first timer" the meet was fantastic and well organized from my point of view.

Highlights (in no particular order):
  1. Going through the lock to red wing and chasing all the fast boats.
  2. Sunset Cruise
  3. Kinni sand bar and the ride back was great.
  4. Seeing all the boats.
  5. Meeting all the people.
  6. Showers and ice available at the marina.
  7. We found Kings Bar and Grill in Miesville and I can vouch for their great hamburgers now.
  8. Shaded camping area.

Appreciate the folks welcoming a new comer and explaining the lay of the land and how to traverse the river - Doran for coming out in the dark when I arrived late on Thursday and his willingness to answer any question and many questions.  Shawn(Sean) Fireman24mn who also anticipated and answered questions along the way - plus that big floating lily pad was easy to spot from a distance and ensuring that going through the lock was "easy" which it was.   Brian who helped get the boat on the trailer and I watched him help several folks at the boat ramp.  Plus many others who recognized that many of the folks all know one another and going out out of their way to say hello or check in to ensure we knew what was happening.

Fire pit on the beach would be great for a place to gather.

Bob

Offline Rosscoe

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »
I'd like to add a couple of things.

1. I don't think we should plan on the fire pit on the beach. First of all, I had heard that RV'rs and folks with boats in the slips tend to use that on weekends. Maybe this weekend was an exception? We scared them off? Sandy and poor for wet coolers and chairs.
I think we should stick to the massive space they set aside for us. We'll designate a group area with coffee makers, fire pit etc.

2. I saw that bringing in your own fire wood was prohibited. I don't know if that is so they can make more money or if its due to tree disease. With Ash borer and Oak Wilt running rampant across the state,  we can not move wood from county to county up here by me.  Worth asking but I bet its a NO on bringing your own in.

The stairs would be a great idea. I would possibly even install them if they paid for it but they are loaded and don't need me to do it. I made these for a friends cabin. Worked out to be about 100.00 a step. Wouldn't need to be as fancy.
Ross
61 Surflite 1964 90HP Johnson project
67 V163 Bayflite Super Sport  1989 100HP Merc
67 V164 Bayflite 120HP
67 V174 Crestflite Rat Rod
71 V175 Crestflite 350ci -Jet
73 GT 160
84 CVX 17  83 115 Merc
88 CVX-23 350 Mag

Offline Mrs.TheDeuceMan

• Donate members