Author Topic: Tell Me About Your Boat  (Read 6208 times)

Offline David CVX-16

• Donate members
Tell Me About Your Boat
« on: November 29, 2019, 08:59:49 PM »
We could do a series on "Tell me about your boat" or "Tell me about your car."

I will start one on tell me about your boat.

The boat, a 1987 Glastron-Carlson CVX-16 with a 1985 115 HP Johnson was listed on Minneapolis Craigslist in March of 2012. I called the owner to find out more information and purchased it over the telephone as the boat was still in storage. Picked up the boat April 2012 in Ramsey, Minnesota from the second owner.

The boat was is good overall condition, with the transom, stringers, and flooring replaced. There was a chip off the pad at the transom and some bubbles, stains and stress cracks in the gelcoat which I had repaired by White Bear Boatworks. The whale tail was removed, the skeg straightened, and the lower unit repainted. Installed a Teleflex no feedback steering system.

Then every square inch of the boat, motor, and trailer polished, waxed, cleaned, and scrubbed.

A broken VRO rubber line was leaking, almost ruining the outboard, and I removed the VRO system.

Went about testing props, OMC SST II, OMC Viper, Lightspeed (same as Laser II), OMC 2-blade bronze, OMC Raker 20" and 22", and OMC SRX 23" over the hub exhaust on the same days at White Bear Lake over a period of time. The Raker and the SRX were the fastest.

Use the boat on White Bear Lake, Mississippi and St. Croix Rivers. The boat gets up on the pad at about 40 MPH with a noticeable increase in speed at that point. I keep the bow tank empty and use two or three 6 gallon plastic portable gas tanks on the back seat floor or back seat. The boat under light loads with hit about 54 - 56 MPH without chine walk or purposing. Am very pleased with the boat.   

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:09:22 AM by David CVX-16 »
David
87' CVX-16, 85' 115 HP Johnson, 58.8 MPH GPS w/ 23" SRX Prop

Offline Oldfishguy

• Donate members
Re: Tell Me About Your Boat
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »
Well, not a Glastron, but still a good story of a rebuild/improvement.

You see, my 2nd cousin is credited with inventing the pontoon back in 1951.  I met Ambrose Weeres many times and fished along side him at various times in my youth.  A blacksmith by trade and never a salesman he sold the company and the idea in the late 50’s to continue his blacksmith trade.  If he made a fortune off the deal one wouldn’t know it, as he led a simple life.

The Weeres manufacturing is no longer produced after the current owners (Premier Pontoons) filed for bankruptcy a few years ago and discontinued the Weeres line.

When I decided to move back into the pontoons a few years ago I looked at new and old and decided to go vintage.  I purchased this pontoon off of Craigslist for $1100 with a running old 50hp Johnson.  Before I had the pontoon home I had the Johnson sold to a neighbor for $200.  Then came the tearing down to the deck.  Fortunately someone had replaced the deck a few years back.  On top of that I installed maintenance free decking boards l($500) like a house deck has.  Then the original aluminum chain link fence was reinstalled.  This 1974 was the last year of the chain link fence as they went to the paneled sides thereafter.  The material canopy was made by a local company ($550) and material design was picked that was what I thought would have been of that era.  The W logo on the canopy was created with the help of graphic artist and we worked for a few days on the design and size.  It is embossed within the canopy material.  The side logo was also created from scratch by a local metal shop ($100) company and lazer cut.  A few other vinyl logos were created and installed.  Creative work of an original logo.

Eventually, I splurged on a new 25hp Yamaha 4stroke fuel injection outboard.  Deck chairs are 1950”s metal chairs and new wood  Adirondack chairs.  The life jackets are attached to the rear fence.  A newer vintage looking steering wheel was mounted to the painted helm.  New electric was run through out for ship led lights, canopy lighting and under deck lighting.  This year I fixed a few toon leaks by having a friend aluminum weld the joint cracks that formed over the decades.

A few years prior, I would always drive by the original Weeres factory in St. Cloud and see this sign hanging from the original manufacturing plant.  The building was for sale for a few years and empty except for this sign hanging 30 feet in the air.  I found the owner and bought this sign and another smaller one for $150, but I had to remove it.  I did that day!  It is an original sign from the 60’s made of aluminum, hand painted, and 16 feet in length; hangs in my garage now. 😀

Life is full of fun opportunities and challenges. A nice piece of extended family history and a worthwhile effort.

I’d like to thank the original poster for starting this thread and it reminded me I needed to document this and place it in the helm, water proof sealed, for the next restorer in 40 years to find.  As I do with all my projects.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:56:12 PM by Oldfishguy »
1972 1/2 Glastron CV 16
1973 Chrysler 120

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »
Very COOL !
Is it 18 or 20 foot ?
Your 25 HP Yamaha sure looks like a 30 HP Honda ?

Offline Oldfishguy

• Donate members
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

20 foot, and yes that picture had he Honda on.  I swapped it out for the new Yamaha last year. 
1972 1/2 Glastron CV 16
1973 Chrysler 120

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
Hey Oldfishguy -  The Weere's looks great but can it haul an old garden tractor?.................LOL

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:24:19 PM by CVX Fever »
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline CVX Fever

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
I ended up spending most of last summer fixing up my 20' 'Toon as well. It didn't quite get the love and attention to detail yours did and there isn't much of a story behind it as I've only had for 2 years.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:22:25 PM by CVX Fever »
1979 CVX18 "Back in Black"....someday!
1985 CVX18 " Only thing better than 2 CVX18's is 2 girlfriends!

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 10:56:22 AM »
Gator 62

1962 Glastron 153 Surflite w/Hardtop, 1963 Evinrude 40hp Lark III. This all-purpose family boat was built in Austin TX, and purchased new in 1962 at Waco Boat & Motors, Waco TX (see decal on back of outboard). Mr. Rutherford (Sr.) kept and used this boat at the family lake house, Lake Whitney TX. Barry Rutherford (whom I purchased the boat from, pictured with boat), then a young boy, learned to water ski behind the rig. Mr. Rutherford Sr. was an avid fisherman and used the boat throughout the 1960s. Sometime in the early 1970s, due to health reasons, the boat was parked in his garage. There it sat literally untouched until 2010 when I responded to Barry’s craigslist ad and went to “take a look.”

Under almost 40 years of dust & dirt, piled up parts and equipment, and more mud dauber nests than I could count, I was amazed to find the boat in superb condition. Most of the items are ALL original and just needed cleaning and conditioning, including gelcoat and vinyl surfaces, engine, gas tank, windshield, and all hardware. There wasn’t a scratch or cut anywhere on the seats! A few items needed attention, and I ended up having to replace the deteriorating hardtop liner, engine control cables, and battery support box. This boat was purchased with the optional removable hardtop and bench seats. With hardtop removed, the windshield actually tilts to allow airflow and access to bow. The little Lark III purrs like a kitten and performs quite well with several people in the boat.

We regularly use this boat on Lake Austin and Canyon Lake, and love to share a little retro water experience with our friends and family. The name “Gator 62” combines the make of the unique trailer, the year of the boat, and was the exact “Call Sign” used on my final “fini” flight in the US Air Force. It just kind of stuck!
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline catchnedge

• Donate members
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »
couple more pictures...
Mark
'62 Surflite 153 Hardtop, '63 Evinrude Lark III--"Gator 62"
'74 CV-16 Outboard, '86 Merc 90ELPTO--"Green Light"
'97 Pro-Line 202 Sportsman, '06 Yamaha 150hp--"At Ease"

Offline Oldfishguy

• Donate members
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 12:38:45 PM »

Awesome 62!

It amazes me what people keep for decades and never use; they are out there hiding in barns all over.
1972 1/2 Glastron CV 16
1973 Chrysler 120

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • 1974 CV16SS, 1986 CV23
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »
Awesome stories guys!

Great idea Dave. I'll have to get to mine one of these days.
Jason S.
1974 Glastron Carlson CV16SS 140 I/O
1986 Glastron Carlson CV23 260 I/O

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
I had to remove your post Don.
Picture was screwing up thread ..
Send me the picture and I'll fix / crop it.
Breaks my heart .. Love them V Max's !

Offline Carlson_from_Germany

• Donate members
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »
Tell me a story about your BOAT... If only it was one boat story to talk about.

Which one should I start with? Maybe the one that got me into this situation. Some of you might remember back in the day when the old school CGOA message board was still online, when Bruce Johnson was still with us and Tom Brown on the Carlson speed forums had everyone excited about going really fast in a 16.
Well that was the time I was 14 years old surfing eBay to find something I could spend my pocket money on. Not really knowing what I was searching for I remembered my dad telling me about the James Bond Glastron.
“Glastron” was what I put in the search engine, actually I’d have to sue eBay for putting up international biddings as well but it’s a addiction right? So this CVX 16 in the UK shows up. A total fixer upper but hey you have no clue when you are 14 right?!
Being pretty new on eBay I accidentally misplaced the “,” in the amount. Bidding more than 30.000$ for a bare CVX16 hull. Of course I was the highest bidder. “Daaaaaaad?”
Him being pretty new to computers as well it took us quite some time to find the “delete your bid” section.

I still ended up being the highest bidder though.

My dad loved the idea at first, if he wouldn’t have known back then all the grey hair this Glastron disease was gonna cost him in the next 15 years he’d probably jumped out the window right away.

Anyways, the boat being in the UK, us being in Germany we needed someone to transport it. Who would have thought that shipping a 16ft boat on a way too small trailer from the island to the mainland was gonna cost a fortune...

When the boat ended up here it was a total basket case. Full of snow, water, leaves and everything you can imagine.
Being this the first real boat restoration for my dad as well we started digging around the internet. That’s how I met you guys.

It was a Roger Clark CVX16, made in the UK. No HIN but probably an ‘85 , and the coolest thing - the only one worldwide known up until today that was blue and tan/beige instead of blue/blue. Really loved that combination.

Years passed by, teenage life was more important, going to high school in the US, I finally had the boat in the water when I was 17. Brand new Tohatsu 50hp engine wasn’t a lot of power but it was super fuel efficient (with gas prices being in the 8$ a gallon range). It pushed the boat with me and a half tank to 35mph which was a lot to me back then. I enjoyed the boat for several years until I sold it heartbroken being my first boat I bought from my pocket money. My girlfriend back then cried when it was picked up by the new owner. Especially cause he stated “I don’t know if I really like the color, just need a boat that’s not too high so I can cross below the bridges on our river...”

Of course it broke my heart to hear that but he paid the price I was asking without big negations. Never heard from him again.
Years later being an established Glastron guy I get a mail from an Hungarian living in Austria. He wanted my advice on a boat he’d like to buy. I didn’t see that mail until like 2 weeks later so I apologized and answered his questions. He replied that he bought the boat and send me some pics with it. Well it was my first boat he bought. Making its way from the UK to Germany and now hacking up the rivers in Hungary where they have a vacation home.
He has now equipped it with the 115hp Tohatsu, which was always my dream back then but not affordable for a 17 year old. They now use it for skiing with their other boat and I get at least 2-3 messages a year about how much he loves it.
I’m really happy that I still know where my boat is and that it’s still in the same color as I bought it in.

The end.

Of course being hooked on Glastron the next boat was a Glastron again.  And who’s fault was it? Again! My dad... reading through the German boating paper there was a sales ad for a “Glastron 12JE”. Me knowing what it was I called right away. Asked the owner how much he wanted and walked to my car to drive 500 miles to look at it. Traffic and construction sites slowed me down so I got there right before it was dark. As I thought I identified on the very small and bad picture it was a CVC 18. And again in very bad condition... Why can’t I be the one finding this pristine barn find??
Interior and engine was “stolen” so he said. He was a metalworker before he retired and build the trailer himself. That thing weighed more than 3.600lbs! Quite solid for a 18 footer if you ask me.
Someone cut two big holes in the front to allow some light in the cuddy, the bow was faded very bad, no interior, no engine, no windscreen, nothing. Sounds like  a good deal right? Well I had to think about it. Drove home, put into consideration how rare it was, that the Berkeley was still on it, that if I’d sell the trailer I’d have the money back I’d put into it, I called him the next day, negotiated the price a little further, drove back down and picked it up.
Started taking it apart (well the few things that were left). I found a condom wrapper in the cuddy under the love shack carpet. It looked like it was back from the 70’s. That was the moment I decided to get rid of the nostalgia on the ceiling...

Called our German importer from back in the day a few days later to ask if they still had some parts. Mrs. Tibus knew right away that they still had two brand new windscreens and two brand new covers. How did she know? Because they only ever sold two CVC 18s in Europe. One being a Volvo small block with a I/O and the other one being a jet. After telling her the HIN she verified it looking into the old custom papers even telling me the name of the guy who bought the boat brand new.
Got a real nice trailer for it that’s been sitting on for 8 years now not being touched...

Again... The internet and I think it was you Gregg, were the ones who changed the plan...

An ‘83 Intimidator popped up in California. It always was my all time favorite Carlson. Talked to my dad. He regretted not buying a brand new one at Tibus when I was a kid, telling me go get it. Send a few messages, the seller not really being very helpful or interested in selling it to a foreigner I messaged Andy who took a little road trip to look at it. Again, if you read this Andy, thanks for picking it up for me all those years ago.

I think I repeat myself but why the heck can’t I be the one finding a mint barn find?!
It turned out the boat was a full resto again, the biggest one yet. Gelcoat was crazed and broken everywhere due to the intense Cali sun. When I picked up the boat in the port I was thinking about just hooking up the brand new Bayliner that was parked next to it...

But hey, who can say their Glastron sailed through the Panama Channel right?!

I “enjoyed” the boat for one season. “Enjoyed” because (at that point I didn’t know) it had a wrong carb on it and I got 2.5 miles a gallon... Unbelievable I know that’s what everyone said. Until I took them for a spin. I always had an extra 26 gallon barrel as a spare tank sitting between the seats... Again, lot of fun with gas prices being at 8$ a gallon. But it’s only money right?
When taking a friend out, we call him the brain cause he pretty much knows everything about engines, right after I got it he fell and tripped and broke the windshield. Yeeeeey.
I ended up finding a brand new original one that was stored in the basement for years though.

After having fixed the fuel consumption my dad and I started the restoration the next winter by putting a new floor in. Then the real pain started. I sanded the entire gelcoat and flakes down to the bare fiberglas. If you’ve never done this before I highly recommend you never do. Cost me many years of my life inhaling that dust, cost me a fortune cause I had to buy the roughest sanding paper and had to use so many of them. In the end it took me more than 170 hours of sanding to get the result I wanted. From here on the next nasty work began, putting a few new layers of fiberglas on the bow and cracked areas, regeling it and having it painted in metalflake. Back then I didn’t know anyone that affordably would regel it with flakes so I just had it painted. So far it lasted for 8 years without any trouble.

A real cool moment was when we took out the tank and I found a Dollar hiding below it. One corner was torn off but we looked really close and ended up finding it. It’s now in a frame at home.

I got all the paper work, service reports and so on with the boat. So I googled some names, send some letters to the addresses I found and ended up getting one letter back from a really nice guy who had the boat in 85. He send me some pics from back then. On the pictures you could see that the first owner must have been the one putting on the non original cleats and cut the hole for the radio and the antenna. Now none of this exists anymore. No cleats either, I like the clean look.

The boat still had the original outdrive when I got it which lasted one season until I broke it. Sold it for parts, bought a Gen 2 Alpha and transom.
Did some mild things to the engine over the years, was scared I’d brake the new Alpha again, upgraded to a Bravo XR Racing outdrive. That’s what it currently has and I’m super happy with it. Just having trouble finding props for it as I love the Cleavers and they don’t have a FloTorq hub. Have to find another prop in the states for the next season.

Next project will be a complete overhaul of the original trailer.

I’m pretty sure I missed out on many fun things but don’t want to bore you either.

The end but surely more to follow.

There was a CV23 somewhere along the way but that’s a story for another time.

Online Retro Performance

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 08:36:15 PM »
Last March I picked up a couple engines, The big Yamaha made its way onto my Rat Rod. I got the hull from Colorado, some structural work, a couple seats and modern power and just like that the Rat was on the water. I thought about a repaint or clear over the patina but I kinda like it as is? (and its a lot less work). It is fun with the fuel injected Yamaha......next up? The tow vehicle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:26:27 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline CharlieN

• Over in Vermont
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 06:12:56 AM »
Way back in the mid '80s I drove an hour 15 commute to an airport I had started a restoration business at. This was in northwestern Connecticut, pleasant drive trough rolling hills. For a period of time as I passed by a boat dealer in Winsted Ct which was on the other side of a small river at the base of the lake I played the most on, I kept eying a beautiful blue CVX 20. Now I had previously had a blue Baja 16' which was a good boat but damn that tower on the back guzzled gas.
But looking over at the sleek lines and the windscreen, that new boat looked cool.
It seemed that for the next few decades boating for me was, look but don't touch.
So as time wandered on, in 2011 I started looking what was out there to get back into another 16 footer. As the year moved on I see a CL add for a 20' Glastron. Only a few hours away over on the Hudson river.This was just a week or two after hurricane Irene passed by. Te boat was far from sweet, heck it made big use of the factory flotation since it had not been covered during the foot of rain. Out on the sea trial I was glad we went up river since the rubber fuel line decided to overly restrict fuel flow so we could only idle back to the marina.
Well being one who strives on big projects, it became clear to the seller he would never get the money he dreamed for.
So obviously I brought it home.
Later on after going through a structural rebuild it was getting time the register the boat and trailer. Turns out when DMV was trying to figure out the manufacturer of the trailer, they traced it and the boat back to guess where, it was the boat I kept yearning for decades before.
Regards,
Charlie
'87 CVX-20 Yammi 225 Excel
'76 CVX 20 hull being converted to surfacedrive

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »
SeaDeuced
In 2011 Laurie’s family acquired a cabin on lake magnor in clayton wis. This had belonged to Laurie’s great grandma when she was a little girl. A nice year-around place, came with a pontoon.
Laurie said… we need to get a boat !, my response was “we cant afford a boat” and to that she said “I will find a free one on craigs list”
Well on April 8 2012 she answered an ad for a free GT150 in need of restoration. Now understand to this time I had only been in a few boats and knew basically nothing about them, though I have never been shy about digging into anything tat needed to be fixed.
Well we arrived at Allen’s house to get the boat, he asked several times if im up for this being a complete resto, and Laure was a little freaked out when he started sending parts down from the attic in his garage. But we took it home. Allen told me I needed to check out this forum and that everybody is vary helpful so we did. I got to meet Shawn and Tim when I helped put stringers in Shawn’s 195.
In the spring of 2013 the boat was done, by this time it was a “full on addiction” as I had decided when I first set the interior in (this is where Greg poste pix of rare “autumn seat design”) that it was too small to entertain in, which is what I thought we were goanna be doing. So an open bow Glastron and several io donors as well as a V173 that supplied the original Johnson 115 that was on the GT for 4 years. We had gone out on a few lakes but everyone on the forum keeps talking about the river, so I said “we gotta go out on the river” had one heck of a time finding a launch but ended up  in south st paul, launched and went up past St Paul, I was hooked…
In 2013 we attended our first meet at redwing, and Rathbun in IA. Have not missed one sense and have no plans to miss any future events as well. Getting this boat was truly a life changing event for us, not only do I get to build stuff, Laurie and I get to enjoy it together, we just luv camping out on the river.
We restored a 91 1900 but it just wasn’t right for us so our Daughter Keisha and her Husband Jake bought it, we were chasing down small cruisers and finally ended up with a V225 BalHarbor that oddly enough the owner offered to sell me in 1998 when I worked with him, and had no interest in boating. The GT provided many hours of pleasure and was defiantly as the saying goes “rode hard and put away wet” and that did take its toll as the transom rotted and cracked, the GT is now in the hands of the same person I got it from.

Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 09:00:20 PM »
So, SeaDeuced is back with Allen?  I hadn't heard that!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Gordon02

• RRR Tool Solutions
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
I got my first real boat with outboard, trailer, and trolling motor in 1978. I was in my first year of marriage and 2 houses down from my new mother-in-law's house was a green 14 foot fiberglass V-hull, trailer, and 18 horse Johnson twin for sale. $500 and some Ace Hardware fiberglass cloth with a quart of polyester resin to patch the bow where the seller had run it up on the concrete ramp.

We bought our first new boat in 1980 - this time a Ski boat walk-through with a 70 horse Johnson. I bet we taught 50 people how to water ski behind that boat - we stayed on the lake every weekend year after year. The 70 horse 3 cylinder is still my favorite little engine than can.......I own one today that I restored boat/motor. In 1986, I bought a 166V Astroglass fish&ski/88SPL Johnson and fished every weekend. In 1988, traded it and bought a new 178V Astroglass bass/GT150 Johnson. This GT150 Johnson and it's mid 60's performance sparked my interest in speed.

I started going to local drags and loved watching the Allisons whoop up on about everything that came along side. I became friends with a propeller service shop that serviced repairs for some 80 dealerships and built custom Choppers and Rakers during the winter months for mail-order. That relationship meant more Drag Racing and even pitting for some of the boats that he sponsored with props.

The 1997 Nov/Dec issue of Bass&Walleye Boats Magazine featured a story on the Speed Record results just documented on a Tennessee river in Late October. The Allison XB2002 was simply the world's fastest bassboat and here were 15 brand new records to prove it. That magazine hit my mailbox in late December and I had my order placed for my own. The colors were chosen to match my beloved GT150 "White Heat" Johnson, but that love affair did not last long. Speed, more speed, and more is what I wanted. Fiber reeds, solid mounts, Bob's LWP, and multiple SRX props - that GT150 pushed my world's fastest bassboat to 78 mph - that sucked. I realized in the 1 year of chasing more that OMC had and would likely never build a consumer outboard made for 80+ mph speeds. I had to look around for a Hi-Perf Mercury dealer - closest one was 200 miles away - I ordered one on the first phone call, putting my debit card down for the Merc Short Shaft ProMax 200. Wow, huge difference. I had this new Merc for 4 months and pulled the heads and sent those to JSRE for blueprinting and 35cc chambers and reduced squish band area. Wow again. 96.2 mph turning a Mercury Racing build 30" Chopper II and 6,750 rpm. Most folks say they want 60~65, some want to 70 mph, - I've found very few that want to go 80, and even fewer that want to see 90 or more. I've fished this boat 100 times in the last 2 years and can count the times I've been over 60 on one hand. Gordon

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:02:50 PM by Gordon02 »

Offline David CVX-16

• Donate members
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 06:12:56 AM »
I totally relate to the Allison part. Have been following Allisons for many years with envy towards those who own one. Went to see one for sale near the Twin Cities one year ago. A 2006 Grand Sport with a 175 HP Mercury that the owner had up to 77 MPH but would do more. Speed is great, but there are many former Allison owners who sold their boats and went back to something slower.

Am content with a boat that can reach 50 MPH with ease, that is easy to drive, and that is reliable. Think I have it in my Glastron Carlson CVX-16. 
David
87' CVX-16, 85' 115 HP Johnson, 58.8 MPH GPS w/ 23" SRX Prop

Offline demian5

• Work hard and use your vacation days...
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
Its a hole in the water I have been throwing $$ into since Sept of 2018. Owned seadoos and jetskis and this is my first boat.

Many of you have been watching it unfold on FB and here. Thanks for the advice and direction.

It could still use a floor down the road, but the water stays out, the tunes are happening, and its a ton of fun.
1979 Glastron Carlson CVX 16 SS I/O Mercruiser 140 "Brick House"

Offline Rich_V174SS

• 1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »
I have a 1967 V174 Crestflite with a Mercruiser 120 2.5 liter 4 cylinder that I picked up in 2004. I rebuilt the floor and stringers from 2006 to 2010 and repowered it with an 80's Mercruiser 3.7 liter 4 cylinder and Alpha One drive. I also have a 1970 V176 Swinger with an '83 Merc 115 but it's currently a wreck and needs restoration.

Here's the '67 V174:

1967 V174 Crestflite SuperSport Modified
1987 Mercruiser 190 3.7LX/Alpha One

1970 V176 Swinger
1983 Mercury 115