Author Topic: RUN ON RATHBUN schedule  (Read 5977 times)

Offline WetRaider

RUN ON RATHBUN schedule
« on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
Friday:       7:30 - 8:30 pm, Sunset Cruise
                Steak (or Chicken) & Baked Potato dinner after cruise.  Bring charcoal for the grills, local firewood runs about $4 - $5 bundle.

Saturday:   Breakfast on your own.
                9:30 am - Naming Ceremony for Hot Knots.
                10:30 am - start towards beach (Buck Creek)
                11:00 am - 3:00 pm "Boats On The Beach" show.  Fareway providing hamburger lunch (bring cash if you want more than one plate)
                3:30 pm is official weigh in for the crappie masters tournament at Buck Creek Marina for those interested in watching
                Free Time
                5:30 pm - Poker Run (cards will be distributed at Bridgeview Park)
                Dinner on your own.

Sunday:     8:30 am - Breakfast Scramble.  Eggs, Sausage, Tortillas, Orange Juice provided
                Clean-Up Campsites
                Free Time

* oh yeah ... we need to make sure we've got stuff to cook on ... grills are at the campsites, but we might want some kind of shallow pans to do the eggs in the morning.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:31:44 PM by WetRaider »
If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline Burnin Daylight

Re: RUN ON RATHBUN schedule
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Anyone wishing to participate in the naming and/or renaming of your boat please feel free to join in on the fun and make your boats name official.  I have printed this ceremony off and have 5 copies that I will bring for those wanting to have some fun with it. Don't forget to bring the libation (beer, booze, champagne, sparkling water, etc.....) of your choice for the christening of your vessel.  If your boat has not been named, needs to be renamed, or already been named but not christened this would be a great time to make it right with gods of the seas.

I'm thinking we can launch, then find a suitable no wake location to throw out the anchors and tie the boats up and those wishing to participate can, and those just wanting to watch can take pictures and video.  I can read the ceremony for everyone and you can just insert your boats name at the appropriate time or we can perform individual ceremonies for each boat.  You guys and gals can decide on what will work best for you. If anyone has a better idea of how to do this please jump in.

If you plan to participate please let me know so that I can bring enough copies of the ceremony.  I have put it into a word form and highlighted when to pour libations and when to say the boat name. Here is the online version.

Lets have some fun and make some memories!!  

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

[ur

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:18:31 PM by Burnin Daylight »
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline Bayflite73

Re: RUN ON RATHBUN schedule
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
Hey Barb,

I'll be naming mine at the meet!
Josh Craig
'78 SSV-177