Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jokes and Humor / Re: 5 deadly words
« Last post by hemi RT on December 07, 2018, 12:45:07 PM »
How about "I don't care" is what I get most of the time and you should see the sparks when I return it to her
General Discussion / Re: Gimbal Ring Replacement
« Last post by demian5 on December 07, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »
Is there a torque spec for the screw in the center of the pin underneath? Its a splined shaft with the set screw. Heck, i don't even know if its still in there after 40 years! That may be my whole issue?

But is there a spec?
General Discussion / Re: Calendar
« Last post by catchnedge on December 07, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »
Ordered mine too... super nice Jason, thanks!
Welcome Chip!  CVZ-19 is a great boat!
Welcome Chip. That is an awesome story!

I saw Micky Thompson race his custom Art Carlson designed 22 ft Carlson twin hemi engine boat several times.

That would have been cool to see. Did you ever run into Art himself? If not, you must have come very close.

Looking forward to meeting you and watching your restoration progress.
« Last post by Mrs.TheDeuceMan on December 06, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »
You guys. Jeepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last post by nes-cv23 on December 06, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
That goes with #3,    But turns it into a double dare....  go ahead, do what you want.
General Discussion / Re: '89 Glastron Carlson 23CSS Project and Repair
« Last post by RedOctober89 on December 06, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
Yea all of its literature is for hull bottoms below the waterline. It says its good for gelcoat, bare fiberglass, and 2 part epoxy surfaces, just to prep everything with 80 grit sand paper and 202 cleaner. I'm doing the whole bottom below (or above, whichever way you look at it) the red cutoff, so I don't have to worry about blending spots together on the bottom. Or colors mismatching.
General Discussion / Re: '89 Glastron Carlson 23CSS Project and Repair
« Last post by Plugcheck on December 06, 2018, 01:53:20 PM »
I really don't know for certain that VC is the best product to covering small areas.  I guess I assumed it's usage was best as a whole hull coating.  If just doing areas of the hull, I might consider using gelcoat so it is compatible and blends into the existing.  You have probably discussed this with the vendor or manufacturer, let me know if VC works as spot coverage over gelcoat.
Welcome Chip, great story, looking forward to meeting you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]