Author Topic: Donar boat is home ... Page #2  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Donar boat is home ... Page #2
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »
This is the new page #2.

Loads fine in Google Chrome if you want to see original ...
If you post to page #1 it shows up in page #2 with chrome browser.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:30:45 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Donar boat is home ... Page #2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »
Page #2 from " Donar Boat is Home " ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CVX Fever

Guess there is more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to removing the engine & drive form a donor boat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wexrock

slight oversight on my part, but this time it's a good thing...
not sure how I didn't notice this, I just assumed it was a 330hp 454. but this is the Magnum... 365hp.
not that it will be stock when it's done, but it's more to build on, and a stronger bottom end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V153

Suweet! Nice to find an extra 35 horses laying around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OleRed

Good Deal Steve, that baby will be easy to stick another Hunerd in there ya know.

wexrock

dropped off the block today for a dip in the hot tank, and pressure testing, just to be sure.

assuming the block checks out ok, the crank will go for turning, then I can order my Scat rods, and start puting this thing back together.

I am hoping the warm weather this week will melt some snow so I can get the trailer under the Scimitar and get to work on it. and yes, that means there is no longer a Villain on the trailer... it is in a better place now.

I think these equipment operators have too much fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Steve .. glad you're gettin to work on that baby,  but I can tell ya this ... don't tell the gu's at the machine shop that you ain't in no hurry, like I did, it may be a Month before you get it back.  I been gonna get mine back Next Week for three weeks, in my case, it's alright because I had the time to spend on Burnin Daylight.

We are planning to take her back out to the lake Wed or Thur for another lake run .. Completed,  I'm sure hoping we don't have much wind, I'm pretty anxious to see what she's gonna do flat out, Barb's bringing a gps with her for that day.  We have added about two hundred pounds to her since the lake test, with the speakers, carpet, and the back seat, but This Time, we will have good gas in it, I didn't realize, that the gas in the tank then was two month old 87 octane with StaBil in it, we had already put that baby up for the winter when we started this transplant.  The motor runs it's best with 91 octane, and I'f I'm gonna be showin off I'd put some 104+ in it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:25:47 PM by Hyperacme »

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Donar boat is home ... Page #2
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
wexrock

Hyperacme, it's coming up blank for me too, but only on certain computers (wierd).

anyway, thanks for the effort in posting the "page 2" thread. since this donor boat is no more, and tear down of everything is complete, I think I will finally start my Scimitar project thread. I've got some warm weather this week, well, enough to melt some snow, so I am going to get the trailer under it, and when things start happening, I'll start the thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Steve ...