Author Topic: Let's get to know each other...  (Read 287677 times)

Offline RolandRock

• '76 CV-23 Carlson 460 Jet
Re: Let's get to know each other...
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:57 AM »
Hello everyone ,

My name is Rock and I am now the proud owner of a CV 23 jet . Yeh ... I am originally from Northern Illinois and am now stuck in Central Florida   :-/  I love old hand laid bass boats and merc towers of power ... Especially when they are combined in one solid unit . So my attraction to Carlsons / Glastrons is real easy. I acquired / rescued this latest project with the drivetrain removed and the hull stripped . Its like getting a puzzle and not having the picture to go by . When I say stripped I mean the top and bottom shells only no stringers, cleats, bulkheads, controls ... nothing . So this will be a ground up full restoration . I hope to be starting with composite stringers and aluminum engine rails ... no wood under the floor with foam dampening where needed. I might even get bold and convert it to an open bow rider  ....  Maybe .

Seeya on the flipside , Rock
When in doubt ... Rip it out !!

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum Rock !
Looking forward to your restore thread ...
Sounds like you have a big job ahead of you !

Offline LongLakeJessC

« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Jessie Crane here.  I just registered a couple of weeks ago and have been a boat owner since the week before that! I have never really even driven a boat so I am trembling in fear, anticipation, and excitement. I purchased a '77 SSV77 Glastron with 140 Mercruiser. Right now it is sitting in a friends yard while I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I want to fix a couple of chips on it, get in winterized and figure out exactly where to store it for now. Oh, and trailer lights need to be worked on and also Craiglist shopping for lifts. So, I have read more info on boats and watched more U Tube  in the last couple of weeks than I knew was even out there. I do own a cabin on Long Lake in Washburn County, Wisconsin, but live in Rochester, MN. Whew! Winter is going to come way to fast.
JessC
SSV77 Glastron, 140 Mercruizer

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
Welcome Jessie! Got any Pictures of your SSV?
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline RolandRock

• '76 CV-23 Carlson 460 Jet
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »
C'mon back Jess , we brethren in the south will keep feeding cannon fodder throughout winter .

When in doubt ... Rip it out !!

Offline John Deurr

« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
I just met Brian yesterday and found out about this group.  I do not own a Glastron, but my interest stems from having been an Design Engineer with Larson/Glastron, when the company was purchased and moved to Minnesota.  I worked on many of the newer Glastron projects in the early 90's.  I was fortunate to meet and become friends with Art Carlson, while working on the prototype tunnel hull project in late 1990's.  i am still an engineer with another boat company and am still very interested in the Glastron line. I hope to find and restore one some day.  Anyway, thanks for allowing me into this group.  I'll watch from the sidelines for now, but hope to see some of these boats in person this summer.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »
Thank you for joining our group John ...
We met a woman at the boat show who was also a long time employee of Glastron ( Linda Ackerman ).

Watch here for G/C's for sale ....    http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=1077.0

and check out our meet pictures ...

2015 meet ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=6147.0

2014 meet ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=5445.0

2013 meet ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=4576.0

2012 meet ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=3456.0

2011 meet ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=2503.0

Earlier year event here ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?board=6.0

Offline WesMann

• new to glastron carlson but my cvx 16 is my fav!
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Hello I'm new to the Glastron Carlson family just bought a new to me cvx 16 :) Luckily it just needed some motor work, interior gut and a gel refresh. really looking forward to working on the boat and getting it on the water soon. Live in northern Florida 45 mins outside Jacksonville. If you have any great places to boat feel free to send me a must see list. I am also looking for a few parts for my cvx 16 and pics of the center console and its mounts so I can build one for mine :) thanks for having me!

Offline Glastronjohn18

• project in progress
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »

Welcome aboard WesMann. That's a good lookn' CVX it shouldn't be a difficult project.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:50:58 PM by Glastronjohn18 »
John
'80 CVX 18 - Survivor Class
'78 CVX 18
'76 V 225 -   Bal Harbor
'80 V195XL
'86 CVX 18- And '86 Makes 3

Offline MrDMarshall

« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2016, 08:45:31 PM »
Greetings! My name is Dave. I'm 62 yrs old and I'm a first time owner of a boat. I purchased a 1988 Bayliner last week and now I'll be trying to get it ready for launching. I started the engine and it ran beautifully. All the lights and controls work as well. I do have a problem. There's a leak. It appears the motor wasn't raised when the boat was brought in and that resulted in the fiberglass cracking at the lower bolts. How do I repair that?

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum !
Is it an outboard or I/O ?
Any pictures of problem area ?

Offline Heat treat Pete

« Reply #291 on: July 05, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
Hi, my name is Pete. I've owned a few boats in the past but I worked on them more than enjoyed them. I was done with boats until I saw my 1980 Glastron CVX 16. Orange metal flake, shag carpeting, inboard 2.5 Iron Duke motor.  I love this boat. I've had it out a couple of times since I bought it and every time someone has come up to me and asked me about it. That's cool. I live in the Chicago area so there are plenty of rivers to explorer.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: July 05, 2016, 01:24:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Pete !
Can you post some pictures of your CVX ?

Offline Futura 500

« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:52 PM »
Hi my name is Jeff and my significant other is Marva we live in Peqout lks we have a 1964 futura 500 all original we are looking at coming to the meet in August at treasure island need info on how to register we are newbies to your organization looking forward to meeting you wonderful folks any help would be great fully appreciated.                            Thanks Jeff Marva

Offline carlsoncvx18

• Donate members
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »
Welcome to the group Futura500 look forward to meeting you.

If you go to the general section under save the date all the information is in the thread.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:21:11 PM by carlsoncvx18 »
1987 CVX18.     1968 Glastron alpha sail boat
1977 GT150
1986 CV23
1984 Intimiadator
1981 CV27
1969 V-180 fundeck

Offline Futura 500

Carlsoncvx18
« Reply #295 on: August 10, 2016, 08:26:21 PM »
Thanks for the help I would post a pic of our Glastron but i am not sure how to do it not real savey at this stuff.              Jeff

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2016, 08:52:34 PM »
Welcome Jeff!

Really, its pretty simple, just call the number listed in our 'Save the Date' thread, if there are hotel rooms left in our block of rooms, you may still get one.  Otherwise, if you're campers, there's tons of room at the campground!  There are other hotel's in the area as well.

Just com'on down, and drive to the marina at Treasure Island and we should be able to help!
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2016, 09:29:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jeff !
Hope you can make it to this years event ...

Treasure Island set aside a block of rooms for us, not sure how many are left.
Tell them you are with the CGOAMN group. I think we also get a discount on rooms.

We could never fill all the camping spots, so no problem if your camping.

Some info / pictures of Treasure Island's layout from last years event ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=5740.0

Info on this years event ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=6696.0

A question & answer thread, If you have any questions ... Post here ...
http://forum.cgoamn.com/index.php?topic=6732.0

Offline 80 cvx 16

« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »
Hi Glastron Classics! Last spring I found a neat ski boat, a 1980 Carlson CVX16. The perfect river runner. I am always happy to trailer out to the water and enjoy it. I find myself on the lookout for a project Carlson on craigslist. One to ride and one to bring back to life. Hope to get to know you fellow enthusiasts...Paul from Eau Claire 

Offline thedeuceman

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
 Welcome Paul
Do you run on the Chippewa, we went to Eau Claire to pick up a trailer last month, and as we were going over the Chippewa I wondered if it was good boating.
We spend almost all of our water time on the rivers here in the Twin Cities, but always looking for a great place to go boating with cool people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe
75 GT150 "SeaDeuced"... Its Back !!
92 16CSS "Attitude Adjustment" is for sale
75 CV-16V8, Project
74 CV-16... its Purple !