Author Topic: Anybody using Teleflex Controls?  (Read 8628 times)

Offline WetRaider

Re: Anybody using Teleflex Controls?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 04:29:13 PM »
Doran - yes.  Rented the hoist, pulled the motor.  Polished and fit my trip.  Set it down.  Sealed and fit my two splash well drain tubes (I used two piece black plastic ones, rather than the single piece brass that had to be cut and flared).  Motor is back on.  Bolted through.  New controls completely hooked up - with the exception of one stainless Nylok nut I need to go down the street and buy.  Once I get the nut in place, I can try and start the sucker.

Other side is cut - both wood & vinyl.  Foam showed up at the house a couple hours ago.  I hope to have the foam glued and wrapped, vinyl stapled tonight.  Tomorrow I'll secure it to the boat and get to work mounting the seats ... or I'll leave the front seats out while I build the rear bench.

Brandon, you're right.  I notice the little things.  I also failed to buy myself anything finer than 1000 grit sand paper.  Maybe a couple months down the road I'll pull the aluminum off and sand with 1500, then 2000 and polish once more.  It's shiny from a distance.

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline WetRaider

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
Had an idea while I was working inside the boat adjusting cables behind the controls ...
Spent the better portion of two evenings making it work out.  I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

My new dash panel (the one I had up previously -without posted pictures- was solid white, no aluminum.  Just too plain jane to go along with everything else.  Now this looks like it belongs.

If you didn't get wet, you didn't have fun ~ WetRaider

Dan O'Connor
1979 GT 150 / 1976 Mercury 1150

Offline Burnin Daylight

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
Dan, very nice.  I like that dotted pleated look with the chrome.
1981 INTIMIDATOR  "BURNIN DAYLIGHT"
1984 CV23  "HOT KNOTS"

Offline 75starflight

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »
Now that looks good.
1975 v-179 starflite