Author Topic: RE? Flipping the Xk-19 Pictures , for the guys on here that were helping me.  (Read 8565 times)

Offline TWISTED CVX

To hell with the boat, I want pics of the GTO!!!!!!!!!!

You made me laugh my freakin a@@ off ! Thanks I needed a good laugh today. The GTO is covered in dust and looks lik s##t and you would be ashamed of me for letting it sit for so long. I am ashamed of my self for letting it sit for so long.  I truly need my butt kicked for doing so. I moved here and kinda quit doing everything I guess that is why I want to move if I can find a place to move to.

Thanks again bud you made me roar@!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:50:40 PM by dorelse »

Offline 75starflight

http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2209&start=360

Maybe build two 4x4 towers ( think Brandon built one to remove his motor ) or a tower and a tree.
Get two "come a longs" and supend it.

Yep I did and it works great! I just need to put some casters on it to make it easier to move.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline TWISTED CVX

Wow nice job! So how did you rig a sling and wench how did you lift it off the trailer can you flip it over with this set up?  I asume you have this bolted together with cap screws and nuts? You just have one built or do you have two for each end of the boat? Thanks for the reply and pic?

Offline 75starflight

Wow nice job! So how did you rig a sling and wench how did you lift it off the trailer can you flip it over with this set up?  I asume you have this bolted together with cap screws and nuts? You just have one built or do you have two for each end of the boat? Thanks for the reply and pic?

Thanks it was a lot of work and a lot of geometry that I had a heck of a time remembering from high school.

I have not picked up Phoenix Rising with it, but I will be using it to pick up my CVZ-18 project boat when I put it in a cradle to do the stringers. Right now I just have a chain wrapped around the doubled up 2x10s then I used a 2 ton chain hoist to pull the engine. I will be adding 3 cast steel eye bolts to it so I can either use a lift sling or my chain hoist. Yes it is all put together with cap screws and nuts. I only have one at the moment I will probably not build another. But I do plan on putting up a carport that is capable of doing the same things my A-frame can.

One thing I am going to do to increase its capacity is add a 2x4 laid flat across the top of the doubled up 2x10s. I also have another setup in my work shop for lifting engines that I will try to find a picture of to give you some more ideas.
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline 75starflight

Found the pictures this one is two 2x6s doubled up with a 2x4 laid flat on top. This will hold my mercruiser140 with no problem.

If you want more detailed pics of either let me know

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
1975 v-179 starflite

Offline TWISTED CVX

Thanks for the info. I like the 4x4 brace set up. I have heard of people using two of these one on each end of the boat and using a sling attached on the inside of the boat. They have two guys start winching and the pull of the strap turns the boat over. But I am not sure how to do this just seen pictures. Nor do I know if its safe.  I am not much for rigging havent done much of it. Thanks again