Author Topic: Title / Registration info  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Title / Registration info
« on: May 05, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
Split from GCOTD thread, list your states title / registration info.

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
Re: Title / Registration info
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 02:49:02 PM »
Mike wrote ...
Nebraska requires titles on boats made after 11/1/1972, so your 58 would be accepted here.  Only requires a notarized bill of sale.   I titled a pontoon in Nebraska that never had one issued in Kansas, was never registered since it was on a private lake, and with diligence, I was able to title and register both the toon and trailer in Nebraska.   There are ways, maybe not easy, but all obstacles can be overcome.

Rick wrote ...
Salvage title or notarized descriptive bill of sale ( say it never had a title or HID in the other state)

Mike wrote ...
  The pontoon I bought to make the redneck fishing toon was purchased and placed on a private lake dock/slip. Kansas does not title boats, registration only.  Private lakes are exempt from registration.  So no title, no registration, no BOS, nothing.  Yes it's titled and registered in NE now, but took some doing, I applied and received a notirized statement from Kansas State performed a title check.  And with some wrangling obtained a BOS and had it notarized.  Took four trips to DMV, but got it done.  Each situation is different.

Shawn wrote ...
Figured I would post this here instead of the GCOTD thread.  When I bought my 1976 23Jet from the auction it had no title and I was able to register it no problem with my bill of sale. I was even issued a title for it.(even though I shouldn't have been).

WATERCRAFT TITLING (MN)

Certain watercraft over 16 feet are required to be titled in Minnesota.
A watercraft title provides proof of ownership, which becomes very important when buying or selling a boat. A title also protects businesses that make boat loans, and aids in the recovery of stolen watercraft.
Exceptions to this law are watercraft:
• Currently registered in another state and never used in Minnesota for more than 90 consecutive days. 9
• Manufactured before Aug. 1, 1979.
• 16 feet or less in length.
• Rowboat with oar locks and an outboard
motor less than 40 hp.
• Documented with the United States Coast
Guard (official papers on craft 5 net tons or larger are issued by the Coast Guard instead of state registration).
• Canoe, kayak or ship’s lifeboat.
• Waterfowl boats used during the waterfowl
hunting season, rice boats used during the
harvest season and seaplanes.
• Not previously issued a title from
another jurisdiction.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:30:36 PM by Hyperacme »