General Category > Classified / Wanted to Buy

Looking for a 3” tach for an IO

(1/3) > >>

thedeuceman:
The tachometer in our Bal Harbour quit working, came from the factory with a 3 inch aqua meter gauge. I didn’t see too much interesting on eBay, apparently the 3 inch gauges are not all that common, though I do see Sierra makes them. Was wondering if anybody has one laying in their box of stuff they be willing to part with. I have a whole pile of the 3 3/8 inch ones, but they won’t fit in the Dash without hacking it up, and it has a plastic dash that is in perfect condition so I am hesitant to try and fit the bigger gauge in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

75starflight:

--- Quote from: thedeuceman on October 09, 2017, 01:53:58 PM ---The tachometer in our Bal Harbour quit working, came from the factory with a 3 inch aqua meter gauge. I didn’t see too much interesting on eBay, apparently the 3 inch gauges are not all that common, though I do see Sierra makes them. Was wondering if anybody has one laying in their box of stuff they be willing to part with. I have a whole pile of the 3 3/8 inch ones, but they won’t fit in the Dash without hacking it up, and it has a plastic dash that is in perfect condition so I am hesitant to try and fit the bigger gauge in there.

--- End quote ---

I was able to put a standard size tach in Phoenix's instrument panel when I put them in. it was a tight fit, but it went in okay and fills the hole perfectly.

thedeuceman:
I’m not sure what would be different about ours but the bezel on the 3 3/8 tach is bigger than the recess in the dash

75starflight:

--- Quote from: thedeuceman on October 09, 2017, 02:35:43 PM ---I’m not sure what would be different about ours but the bezel on the 3 3/8 tach is bigger than the recess in the dash

--- End quote ---

I may have a spare tach for Phoenix laying around somewhere. You can have it Joe If I can find it.

Plugcheck:
I will take a look around at what I have.  Give me a few days.  It needs to be 3" OD?  It is that the bezel diameter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version