Author Topic: 1979 Ford pickup  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
1979 Ford pickup
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »
Tim found this ...
Members name is Jim, pretty sure .. Has a CVX20 outboard, lives in northern MN.
He had his Ford stolen about a year ago, and this might be it.
Anyone know his user name ?

Offline Plugcheck

• Donate members
Re: 1979 Ford pickup
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
Username was BellJ, thread was titled "Asking for Any Information Regarding Stolen Truck"    From earlier this year, didn't look over the old thread again, but I thought his was newer.   Hope this helps.
Michael
1979 CVZ-18 388 CI Vortec Mouse
1980 CVX-16SS 140 Mercruiser
1979 CVX-16 Johnson 175
2002 Bennington 2275CC 90 Mercury
1985 Intimidator project
1989 Lowe 200 Redneck fishin Toon
2001 Godfrey Sweetwater pontoon 115 Rude

Offline dorelse

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »
@bellj

Is this your truck?
1990 Sierra 1700

Offline bellj

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:49:44 AM »
Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know - I/we appreciate it!

Really close, but not quite. Same year, but slightly different paint scheme (assuming it wasn't repainted of course), but also ours had a 460 engine and was a "camper special" model with the full long box (maybe that one was too, I couldn't quite tell in picture) - otherwise really close and you have a great eye to remember that!

Ironically I received a letter from our primary sheriff's department a week or so ago asking if we still wanted them to keep looking for it. I know it was just an ironic clerical necessity, but it was like..."well yes, please keep looking!". :D

There are people who keep telling us they truly believe that it's hidden closer than we think and there have been some interesting local (we actually live in Central Wisconsin - but my wife loves Minnesota, so will be thrilled to be thought of as living there!   LOL) sighting possibilities over the summer of one that looks like it was repainted (first time orange(ish) red and second time same plus black...but it's been like a ghost that we only get a glimpse of - my wife even ran out of the stands of an event after she saw this and chased it without ever seeing it again...and she's never been prone to seeing things that aren't there) - so we do continue keep our eyes open wherever we go - but I do have to wonder if the fellow CGOAMN member who noticed a similar truck on the back of a semi heading south near Indianapolis wasn't our most credible sighting to date - and I'm really thankful he noticed and reported that one - might be our only semblance of some sort of closure in the end.

Harsh reality is we may never know or find out - but there's always a slim hope.   ;)

So thank you all again. I had hoped to thank everyone in person at this summer's recent event, but we were hopelessly booked tight during this past event and next summer is looking even tighter even this early. Please have patience - but we are determined (or at least hopeful) to make it to one of these main events one of these years again!

Thanks!

Jim, Patti, and Samantha Bell
Jim, Patti, & Samantha
'69 Pipestone Princess O/B, '57 Evinrude Lark 35
'77 Glastron GT-150 O/B, '78 Merc 700, "The Puddle Jumper"
'77 Switzer GL-20 O/B, '77 Merc 1750
'86 Glastron CVX-20 O/B, '86 Merc 200, "The WHIZZard of Odds"

Offline still_fishin

• Donate members
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:56:40 PM »
Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know - I/we appreciate it!

Really close, but not quite. Same year, but slightly different paint scheme (assuming it wasn't repainted of course), but also ours had a 460 engine and was a "camper special" model with the full long box (maybe that one was too, I couldn't quite tell in picture) - otherwise really close and you have a great eye to remember that!

Ironically I received a letter from our primary sheriff's department a week or so ago asking if we still wanted them to keep looking for it. I know it was just an ironic clerical necessity, but it was like..."well yes, please keep looking!". :D

There are people who keep telling us they truly believe that it's hidden closer than we think and there have been some interesting local (we actually live in Central Wisconsin - but my wife loves Minnesota, so will be thrilled to be thought of as living there!   LOL) sighting possibilities over the summer of one that looks like it was repainted (first time orange(ish) red and second time same plus black...but it's been like a ghost that we only get a glimpse of - my wife even ran out of the stands of an event after she saw this and chased it without ever seeing it again...and she's never been prone to seeing things that aren't there) - so we do continue keep our eyes open wherever we go - but I do have to wonder if the fellow CGOAMN member who noticed a similar truck on the back of a semi heading south near Indianapolis wasn't our most credible sighting to date - and I'm really thankful he noticed and reported that one - might be our only semblance of some sort of closure in the end.

Harsh reality is we may never know or find out - but there's always a slim hope.   ;)

So thank you all again. I had hoped to thank everyone in person at this summer's recent event, but we were hopelessly booked tight during this past event and next summer is looking even tighter even this early. Please have patience - but we are determined (or at least hopeful) to make it to one of these main events one of these years again!

Thanks!

Jim, Patti, and Samantha Bell

I was also the one that spotted the one on the back of the car hauler.
'80 Intimidator
'85 CV23