General Category > General Discussion

1977 Glastron Carlson CV23

(1/13) > >>

75kona:
Howdy all! Over the weekend I went to look at a CV23. He said he was only the second owner of this local boat. From the pictures it looked too good to be true. Besides the typical sun fading on the bow the interior appeared to look like new. The white stuff you see on the bow is the left over wax he never wiped off, it came off at home and I think with a good polish I can bring back most of the shine back on the bow! When I saw it in person I couldn’t believe my eyes… Not a tear in sight nor any sun fading. In fact the material appears soft as if it had just been made! He even had the matching original privacy snap in screen for the cuddy as well as the original snap on cover.

We took it out for a test run on the river and it performed flawlessly. I was surprised how quickly it flattened out, as well as how fast it was able to go. We hit 55mph at top speed and there was a little left I’m sure. Every gauge and light worked. It’s almost as if we were taking it out for the first time ever! I shook his hand and made the deal before we even got to the dock! Not sure what these are worth, because there was nothing for sale close to gauge the price, but I feel like I might have paid a little too much. But I’m okay with that!

Plugcheck:
Kind of hard to know if you paid too much when we don't know how much you gave for it, however, if it truly is in the shape you described, I'd put its value $8-10k.  There is a lot of adjustment based on condition though, drive, engine, stringers, transom, etc.    Bottom line is this, if you/family are happy with it, that is all that really matters.  Hope you can make some great family memories.

Glastronjohn18:
First off.....  Welcome to the forum!

Ditto on what Mike says. To find these boats that don't need interior or exterior work is a plus. Just get in and have fun. Nice score by the way.

Hyperacme:
It was "The Hammond retirement edition."
CL ad is gone, saved from GCOTD thread.
I'd say ya got a good deal !

23 Glastron Carlson Jet Daycruiser - $5950 (Milwaukie)
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/d/23-glastron-carlson-jet/6683623595.html

Glastron Carlson 23. A handful of these special boats were built in 1977 to recognize the retirement of the founder of Glastron. Powered by a 460 Ford with Berkeley drive. This boat was one owner until I got it two seasons ago. It is fast and smooth. The interior is very good. The trailer is an EZ Loader tandem. I had it in the water today, it is ready for use. Call, Larry

Hyperacme:
More pictures ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version