General Category > Vendor and Repair Resources

Historical Glastron information

(1/6) > >>

Jason:
I've always wanted to see a model breakdown for Glastron like you see for cars on Wikipedia. Here is my attempt at it for Carlson. This all based strictly on the brochures. We all know that what really happened may stray from the brochures. Let me know if you see anything that doesn't make sense.

Some day I may attempt to do the same for the Glastron models.

You learn some pretty interesting things as you go through this. How models seem to disappear from the brochures one year then are back the next. Name changes.

1960 likely to be the first year of Carlson boats but no brochures have been found from 1960-1962.

Look at the CVX16. Originally called the CXV16 in 1977, dropped for 1981, revived in 1982 but renamed SS-CVX-16, Then back to CVX16 in 1983, remained that way till 1989 when it became a 16CSS for 2 years, name changed to "16 Carlson" for 1991, then to wrap up it's last year in existence was renamed back to 16CSS in 1992.

CV23 to CVX23 to 23CSS

Corinthian to Conquest

Models only made one year:
CH-16
Charger (probably the rarest Carlson IMO)
CVC18
CV19 Outboard
C-535
33CSS
CSS24

Many thanks to Gregg for keeping an excellent library of brochures and knowing where to look.

Hyperacme:
Don't forget the Glastron / Molinari 2+2 !
No one has ever seen one, aside from this picture ...

Jason:
I debated about the Molinari. Had it in there. Then took it out. Not really a Carlson as it's a Molinari design but I am sure there are certain features like badging that may have made it unique. I added it back in. Would be cool to see in person....if any exist anymore.

dorelse:
if you're only tracking Carlson's...any Glastron-Molinari wouldn't meet your criteria in my view.  The Molinari is an Italian hull imported by Glastron.  Carlson's have no relation to them.

Plugcheck:
My 16 was a 1980 CVX-16 SS.  I can find a bow picture for reference if you need one for a collection. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version