General Category > Iowa Events / Meets

Rathbun 2015 date

(1/11) > >>

75starflight:
With Doran running the Red Wing Meet, I have volunteered to handle the setup for the Meet at Rathbun.

Last year we as a group decided to to have the meet the second weekend of June. So with this I am for keeping it the second weekend in June as the regular time frame of the Rathbun get together.

So the dates are as follows.

June 11th - 14th
Honey creek state park  - South Campground

Itinerary will be posted at a later date and Camp site reservations will be open March 11th cabins be reserved as of today.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/honey-creek-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IA&parkId=610104

Thank you,

Brandon

Plugcheck:
     Thanks for taking this on, I was curious to know the details of the meet.   Likely I will be looking at a camp spot near the one I had last year.   Always a good time at Rathbun, lets hope for decent boating weather.   We will try to make this meet on Thursday and leave Sunday morning as we have in the past, seems like Friday has been the decent weather.  I would consider Lunch at the resort a highlight, and if we have beach area, then a beach cookout is fun also.  I WILL bring a chainsaw this time, firewood was plentiful last year if you could cut it.    Let me know if you need any help.  You might want to post a link to this thread on the open discussion so others can be updated.    Thanks, Michael.

dorelse:

--- Quote from: Plugcheck on January 16, 2015, 08:47:06 AM ---     Thanks for taking this on, I was curious to know the details of the meet.   Likely I will be looking at a camp spot near the one I had last year.   Always a good time at Rathbun, lets hope for decent boating weather.   We will try to make this meet on Thursday and leave Sunday morning as we have in the past, seems like Friday has been the decent weather.  I would consider Lunch at the resort a highlight, and if we have beach area, then a beach cookout is fun also.  I WILL bring a chainsaw this time, firewood was plentiful last year if you could cut it.    Let me know if you need any help.  You might want to post a link to this thread on the open discussion so others can be updated.    Thanks, Michael.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure you can't just fire up a chainsaw and cut up fallen trees, etc Mike.  It is a Park/Nature area after all, pretty sure that will earn you an expensive memory from the weekend...

75starflight:

--- Quote from: Plugcheck on January 16, 2015, 08:47:06 AM ---     Thanks for taking this on, I was curious to know the details of the meet.   Likely I will be looking at a camp spot near the one I had last year.   Always a good time at Rathbun, lets hope for decent boating weather.   We will try to make this meet on Thursday and leave Sunday morning as we have in the past, seems like Friday has been the decent weather.  I would consider Lunch at the resort a highlight, and if we have beach area, then a beach cookout is fun also.  I WILL bring a chainsaw this time, firewood was plentiful last year if you could cut it.    Let me know if you need any help.  You might want to post a link to this thread on the open discussion so others can be updated.    Thanks, Michael.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the input Mike! I am thinking right now Friday will be group meal at the lodge for lunch, and then picnic on the beach saturday for lunch. The one we went to in 2012 by the dam (weather and water levels permitting of course).

75starflight:
Doran came up with this as a promo flyer for the meet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version