Author Topic: V 179 upholstry  (Read 1953 times)

Offline melinprov

V 179 upholstry
« on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:21 PM »
yeah---temps went to 70 degrees today and sunshine so I finished making the wood for the upholstery inside then yanked it out to my upholstery bench so that I can put the vinyl and foam on next week and then painted where the gunnels are exposed ( in black ) and then cleaned up and started painting the cushions with fabric and vinyl paint for inside the boat

Offline melinprov

Re: V 179 upholstry
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:36 AM »
Just laying stuff out to be sure it will fit, still crappy weather but I did put in my peppers and tomatoes into my garden a few days ago-- so I know I can get the rest of the paint done soon. Starting on my side panel upholstery today also.

Offline melinprov

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:58:40 AM »
I know I'm a bit far from original but I am really enjoying making this boat to fit my use, I am still trying to keep some original parts and styling , so that it will still look  like a Glastron from its time. Today I put the wood side panels that I made back on the boat and cut the 1/2 inch holes for the beau clips. I plan on starting the upholstery on these side panels- but I am still watching for a window in the weather to do the rest of the paint and put in the dash and electronics and vinyl matting in and finish the steering wheel and glove box. I almost always have to stop after each move and think through what next so I don't do something before I should and create problems

Offline Hyperacme

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
I know what ya mean about thinking about next step ..
Made a few mistakes by jumping the gun and have to go back and redo something !
Making good progress !

Offline melinprov

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 08:07:52 PM »
interior panels are done, now back to the paint and then I can snap these in