Author Topic: 50 mph shouldn't be an issue  (Read 2025 times)

Offline wiliermdb

50 mph shouldn't be an issue
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
Here's a quick shot of my friends' boat he's been working on since January. It's a 21' cat hull by Eliminator. Those two 300 Yamaha's have a stage two performance kit and are pushing 345 hp at the prop. From what many who deal with these boats have told him is that with the right props and some fine tuning to set up he should be upwards of 90 or a tad more with this set up.

One motor came off his 21' Checkmate and I've been in that boat at 73 gps. He recently purchased the other 300 from a guy in Florida and hows this, the 2nd motor is the same year and is only 14 numbers higher on the serial number. Can't get much closer than that.

I helped him rig the motors and run new fuel lines last weekend. We rewired the entire boat so everything is new. Installed the connecting rod and steering stabilizer this evening. Hope to launch it in a couple of weeks.

Offline OleRed

• Oklahoma Boating Group
Re: 50 mph shouldn't be an issue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
Be Easy on the trim, look at the water, tha sucker Will Fly !
My buddy at the prop shop has almos identical boat, with two 300's pumped up by Mercury Marine, ran a 124 gps on lake "X" it's Very stable at speed, as long as it's not trimmed high, then it made me want to go up and hug the bow light.
Something he did, he had a new wind screen made for it with a little "flip" made on the top of it, amazing how much wind that took off his face.
1980 23ft Scimitar